• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV posts 4th quarter/full year profit.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure been flat in recent years, which is better than the rest of transports.

All time high price? Ever heard of splits? Ask an old retired SWA guy how the stock did for him over the years.

No arguments there...if you're behind the fence taking advantage of the Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Stock Option Awards, etc...it's been a GREAT stock.

But those are not your investors ;-)

Wasn't your argument that $20 is an all time high as if stock splits never happened?

You would not have had to be "behind the fence" in order to have made a killing investing in LUV over the years. Did you read the article - LUV best return of ANY u.s. stock during 30 year period 1972-2002 - 26%/yr?

Plenty of investors who were not employees made plenty of dough during these years.

Maybe your charts only go back a few years, but "best of times" were before 9/11 for everyone.

Maybe your charts only go back a few years, but "best of times" were before 9/11 for everyone.

All time high price? Ever heard of splits? Ask an old retired SWA guy how the stock did for him over the years.

RE: http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=...=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

Indeed the best of times was years ago. That "old SWA guy" who became the multi-zillionaire (we have all heard of him) probably got hired in the early 80's and saw the stock rise and split. A new hire today (well a few years ago) has seen very little movement in the stock.

the "good ole days" in the airline business (all the airlines) are long behind us unfortunately...

Little Vday Love

Employees to Receive Special Cash Award this Valentine’s
Thanks to all of our dedicated Employees, we defied the odds in a difficult environment last year and managed to end the year with a 39-year streak of job security and a 37-year streak of profitability! The task was not easy, but you all worked very hard, accepted tremendous change, and became more productive. To celebrate this great accomplishment and to thank you for your extraordinary efforts, every non-officer Employee who was employed as of December 31, 2009, and who was either active or inactive as of January 31, 2010, will receive a cash award of $150 (before taxes). This amount will be deposited into your direct deposit bank account or sent to your location via check on February 12, 2010.
Congratulations, again, on a successful 2009. Now it’s time for each one of us to pledge to our Company and our Customers that they can “Count on Me” in 2010!
smBlue_arrow_left.gif

you guys are a class act,and the best airline product out there,delta is a close numero dos

You guys are killing me! This is so easy; just tell them they're a tool. They probably already know it so you're really not telling them anything new. Once they know that you know, well I think you'll find them a lot easier to deal with. If not, get up and take your sh!t with you. Either way, problem solved! Bottom line, don't be a pu$$-.

Just how retarded are you, Carl? Uh-oh I said the R word, my apologies. Yes I joined to harass you here as well. :laugh:

Latest resources

Back