It's just an $8000 pitcher of Kool-Aid.
Initiation ritual as it were.

Think about all the Chumps that dished out the cash and didn't get the job.:(

Last edited:
Yes. That is exactly what they say.

It's just an $8000 pitcher of Kool-Aid.
Initiation ritual as it were.

Think about all the Chumps that dished out the cash and didn't get the job.:(

Think about all the people that "dished out" the cash and got hired; it's called risk! I know plenty of people who got the conditional hire prior to having the type. It then becomes a no-brainer! Take all the emotion out and look at it from an investment stand-point. You'll make that money back in one month on second year pay. Plain and simple, it's an investment in a good financial future. By the way, as with most things in life the kool-aid comes unsweetened; add as much sugar as you like?

Back in the day when I was doing the airline application, a requirement was that I had a 4-year degree. I paid for that!

Next question?

My app. said I had to read, speak, and understand the English language. I had to pay for that. ;)

Last edited:
Nice work SWA. IIRC less than 6 months ago Gary was saying a Q4 loss was a no-brainer. Hopefully the positive momentum continues into 2010 and growth returns so us poolies can quit treading water !!

Just think about all the guys that could care less if you think SWA is a PFT outfit!!!!
True. Just about the same as number of Gulfstreamers that care about what I think of their "investment", I reckon.

Nice work SWA. IIRC less than 6 months ago Gary was saying a Q4 loss was a no-brainer. Hopefully the positive momentum continues into 2010 and growth returns so us poolies can quit treading water !!

I'm sure all the labor groups having since ratified new contracts has nothing whatsoever to do with the new outlook. :rolleyes: That said, growth would certainly be a good thing. Hope you can get the rest of the way on board soon.

Yea, that's it! SWA actually lost money and just found a way to report a profit so they could pay some more taxes.

Alright that was funny.

Congrats to the SWA folks. When will at least one other airline management team realize the benefit of having happy employees. Divide and conquer has not worked one time in this industry.

Latest resources

Back