• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV posts 4th quarter/full year profit.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Waiting for the General to respond in 5-4-3-2-1 .........

Yeah-

Where the heck is the Gen? I sure would love to see him poking fun (again) at a company which has been profitable for most of the last decade-rather than an employee-destroying, investor-raping, black hole.

-LBB don't look all that bad from that point of view-does it Gen?

Okay all you Gary bashers out there, you have to give him some credit. At least he has stuck by the no bag fees for now, which seems to have paid off.

Okay all you Gary bashers out there, you have to give him some credit. At least he has stuck by the no bag fees for now, which seems to have paid off.

Good point. I have been critical of Mr. Kelly in the past. We have record load factors. Is that because of Bags Fly Free? Is it putting more revenue in our pockets?

Hopefully Charlotte and Cincy will be good markets. We'll find out later this year. :pimp:

Gup

Bags fly free IS putting more money in your pockets in the form of new customers. Finally, the public is fed up with fees and the recently announced fee hike just might put them over top. Congrats Gup and all the SWA folks, job well done.

Yeah-

Where the heck is the Gen? I sure would love to see him poking fun (again) at a company which has been profitable for most of the last decade-rather than an employee-destroying, investor-raping, black hole.

-LBB don't look all that bad from that point of view-does it Gen?

The Love Machine has put more pilots on the street than any other company or Management Type in aviation history. Thats a fact jack!!

It doesn't take much intelligence to see that when Southwest pulls into a new airport somewhere >> That will put Pilots on the street with another airline. This has happened a lot over the years.

Profitable for 37 years >>> I guess this makes a great argument for how great "Pay for Training" works.

It doesn't take much intelligence to see that when Southwest pulls into a new airport somewhere >> That will put Pilots on the street with another airline. This has happened a lot over the years.

Profitable for 37 years >>> I guess this makes a great argument for how great "Pay for Training" works.

The pay for training argument is a waste of time...........give it up.

Even after the $8 grand the new hire spends on a 737 type he still takes home more than he would at any other airline.

If SWA starts a flying into a new city with higher paid pilots and indirectly puts other pilots out of work then what is the problem? That is called the free market. SWA has shown that you can pay and treat employees great and still turn a profit. Don't be a hater............

Latest resources

Back