• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV posts 4th quarter/full year profit.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pay for training argument is a waste of time...........give it up.

Even after the $8 grand the new hire spends on a 737 type he still takes home more than he would at any other airline.

If SWA starts a flying into a new city with higher paid pilots and indirectly puts other pilots out of work then what is the problem? That is called the free market. SWA has shown that you can pay and treat employees great and still turn a profit. Don't be a hater............

I have no problem at all with the free market. What I do not believe is that SWA does not put pilots out of work. Thats simply not true.

When you pay for a type in lieu of getting a job >> you pay for training. End of story!

The Love Machine has put more pilots on the street than any other company or Management Type in aviation history. Thats a fact jack!!

You're so full of sh!t you can't even think straight. Mind explaining yourself with facts, not rhetoric?

Gup

Hopefully Charlotte and Cincy will be good markets. We'll find out later this year. :pimp:

Gup

CONGRATS on the positive news!

As a Cincy resident, I can say we are anxiously awaiting SWA to begin flying here. Delta has had a strangle-hold on that market for long enough. People drive to DAY, SDF, IND and CMH - about a 2 hour drive - just to afford to take their families on vacation. Come on in! SWA will do very well when the timing is right!

What about those that got hired without the type?

The 5 thousand for the type is paid back very quickly. Just facts.

Congrats SWA! It looks like bags fly free is starting to really pay off. I've had passengers tell me how much they love that campaign and not getting raped by the other carriers.

The ads say it may cost up to 100 dollars more on another carrier. I think that can be as much as EACH way.

I have no problem at all with the free market. What I do not believe is that SWA does not put pilots out of work. Thats simply not true.

When you pay for a type in lieu of getting a job >> you pay for training. End of story!

Back in the day when I was doing the airline application, a requirement was that I had a 4-year degree. I paid for that!

Next question?

Back in the day when I was doing the airline application, a requirement was that I had a 4-year degree. I paid for that!

Next question?

American, United and Delta hired some guys without degree's back then. I will agree that the majority all had degree's.

You gettin a degree is totally different than what LUV does in my opinion.

American, United and Delta hired some guys without degree's back then. I will agree that the majority all had degree's.

You gettin a degree is totally different than what LUV does in my opinion.

Well, I respectfully disagree. Any company is free to essentially mandate a minimum requirement to either Apply, Interview and Get Hired. Weather it be type ratings, college degrees, whatever, SOME of those requirements may actually be the burden of the potential employee. Pay to Play as they say.

Heck I had to fork out and PAY, yes PAY for my FE written just to APPLY for some of those jobs back then. Remember that?

Luv's requirement is just all part of that same stuff.....IMHO.

Well, I respectfully disagree. Any company is free to essentially mandate a minimum requirement to either Apply, Interview and Get Hired. Weather it be type ratings, college degrees, whatever, SOME of those requirements may actually be the burden of the potential employee. Pay to Play as they say.

Heck I had to fork out and PAY, yes PAY for my FE written just to APPLY for some of those jobs back then. Remember that?

Luv's requirement is just all part of that same stuff.....IMHO.

It's nice to see someone with the ability to reason!

Latest resources

Back