• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like CAL/UAL MECs want the RJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You's guys just don't get it. You will get your scope, just as soon as the attorneys at Ford & Harrison figure a way to redirect your flying as Mgmt wants. It will be codeshare, bla bla bla, or some other newly invented way to get around what ever you think you prevented.This is about having the ability to reset your payscale without a strike, check out Comair, I will bet there will be 70-80% of their guys lined up to get jobs at some other airline. Believe this, as long as we as a group are divided, we are conquered, and the regional concept does this nicely. We all are reacting and the managers at the airlines are pulling the strings.
Sorry
PBR

Mainline is the Landlord, Regionals are renters. When you realize that, you will understand why the regionals are not a career, it is a job. Leases expire, things change, the Landlord is healthy again!

Yogi

Mainline is the Landlord, Regionals are renters. When you realize that, you will understand why the regionals are not a career, it is a job. Leases expire, things change, the Landlord is healthy again!

Yogi

And with out renters, the landlord is stuck with a empty apartment having to cover all the bills himself. He will only lower the rent to compete with the other apartments in the area, to get the renters back in his apartments.

The only way that the flying goes back to CAL/UAL is if the cost of doing it is below that of the outsourcing. To do that the rates would probably have to be well below what the regionals are doing it for because of the other benefits that CAL/UAL have. Not only that, but CAL/UAL won't finance any new aircraft for their regionals, so there would have to be a cost assigned to that, as well as all those training costs. I think it can be done, but it will be at a great expense to the pilot contract.

It is interesting that CAL is signing a 10 year contract with SkyWest to fly these 50 seaters as part of their buying ExpressJet. Taking back scope is going to take 10 years at the new UAL. We all have plenty of time to beat each other up on FI.

Last edited:
It is interesting that CAL is signing a 10 year contract with SkyWest to fly these 50 seaters as part of their buying ExpressJet. Taking back scope is going to take 10 years at the new UAL. We all have plenty of time to beat each other up on FI.

Did you expect management to be sacred by a press release during negotiations? I don't give two sh!ts if CAL wants to keep 50 seaters around for 10 more years. Bring that on, cause oil will go back to $90/barrel before it goes to $40/barrel.

The issue lies with anything bigger then 50 and that's where things have to wind down. Yes it will take a long time, but our profession will be a lot better off for it. Sorry that inconveniences all you 35+ year old career RJ captains.

I don't remember the same consideration when all the 727 737 DC 10 were being parked and the 700's and E170's were showing up in droves. I lost my seat pay and was offered $19 if I wanted to continue flying!

Yep.

And, did you ever check out those "Guppy Killer" stickers in ORD? Live by the sword, die by the sword.

More chest pounding from the apes who failed to protect the flying. This is puruHe posturing and nothing will go down like you hope it too..in fact, bring it on! I'll fly your turd 320 for hmm.. Lets say 110 an hour year 12 pay. I'd say this is how things are going to go and I am ready to do what's necessary including severely underbidding you on every piece of equip out there..

More chest pounding from the apes who failed to protect the flying. This is puruHe posturing and nothing will go down like you hope it too..in fact, bring it on! I'll fly your turd 320 for hmm.. Lets say 110 an hour year 12 pay. I'd say this is how things are going to go and I am ready to do what's necessary including severely underbidding you on every piece of equip out there..

Spoken like a true ASAhole.

Latest resources

Back