• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Deli Guy

Look Out Southwest...Here Comes JetBlue

LAIST June 30, 2006
The low-cost carrier JetBlue (which flies out of Burbank and Long Beach) was voted America's best low-cost carrier, and we couldn't agree more. What better way to fly than with leather seats and satellite television?
Cattle Call Air, also known as Southwest was ranked #2, and they might have a little more to worry about. Who hasn't been on a SWA Friday flight from Burbank to Las Vegas, with a sea of humanity standing under the A,B and C signs waiting for their chance to grab a window or an aisle seat. But now JetBlue has announced a new flight from Burbank to Vegas, too.

According to CBS2.com:
The regular Burbank to Las Vegas fare ranges from $44 to $129 each way, with daily flights leaving at 6:50 p.m. The return flight from Las Vegas departs at 8:40 p.m.​
Ding. Let the competition begin.
by Christine N. Ziemba in News

I was concerned there might not be enough fireworks during the holidays so I thought I would post this :bomb:. Let the fireworks begin!

Last edited:
Well it's official.

Leftist blogs love JetBlue too! I thought they would've stuck with "The People" and suffered the "Cattle Call" on Southwest.

Yeah, right, because you know our 1 flight a day there is really going to have an impact on the competition-- Pahlease...

1 flight a day.

I'd say most people would rather be cattle then drive down to LAX. Its only a 30 minute flight. Unless, JB leaves the time you want to and has a seat available.

JB has the BUR - MCO market.

Big or small aircraft? If it's big then they may have some impact on the SWA flight leaving on or about the same time, but I doubt it... me thinks a small plane.

RJ

I think its a 320?

curtaindriver said:
The 190 is not on the west coast......yet. It is definetely a 320

CD

Yet ... I am thinking St. Louis, but lately I have been hearing about Kansas City too. Once we open a midwest city, the 190 is headed west.

I live in Missouri, either of those cities would be excellent for me at least. But, yes we would definetely be taking the 190 west from there.

CD

Latest resources

Back