Look Out Southwest...Here Comes JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bluejuice787 said:
Why yes they did...right up to the point your mom came along and then everyone jumped on her.

Hey Bvt,
I took this as a compliment to your mother. Some on this board jumped to a negative conclusion. Could we all try not to be so negative? I think of "jumped" (as I am sure bluejuice did) literally from the latin "Ju" (meaning honoring and respecting) and the greek "mped" (of course indicating a hot body and a willingness to rub it on people) So lets not get all in a huff over semantics!

brainhurts said:
Hey Bvt,
I took this as a compliment to your mother. Some on this board jumped to a negative conclusion. Could we all try not to be so negative? I think of "jumped" (as I am sure bluejuice did) literally from the latin "Ju" (meaning honoring and respecting) and the greek "mped" (of course indicating a hot body and a willingness to rub it on people) So lets not get all in a huff over semantics!
Bravo!
And people say there is no point in studying "dead" languages!:laugh:

big_al said:
southwest even admitted the only reason they turned a profit for quite some time was because of fuel hedges. so It looks like they arent too different than JetBlue in terms of revenue...

That wouldn't happen to be because we are starting our pilot negotiations, now would it?

Ihear the revenue management bubba we hired from US Air is kicking butt.

Just think if USAir listened to him... maybe they did?

SWA/FO said:
Just think if USAir listened to him... maybe they did?

I guess we'll have to wait and see. I sure hope swa buys us soon. Can't wait to pull gear for swafo.

After you become swaca of course. Can't wait to help you lug your wallet out to tip the limo(van) driver.

Last edited:
Its SWA/FO....

I never said anything about money, did I? You might be saying "postive rate, landing gear up" for me someday - we will see.

SWA/FO said:
Its SWA/FO....

I never said anything about money, did I? You might be saying "postive rate, landing gear up" for me someday - we will see.

You guys have to say "landing?"

Usually that's what we say. Every once in a while; in rememberance of JBLU we leave out the "Landing" part since ya'll (TX slang) don't like to use them. Hello Randy and Amy, How ya doin?????. ?Staying young???

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back