Log or Not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
say again said:
I would hire you out of fear!!!!!:eek: I agree , but I don't remember speeds from 1 year ago. OUCH!!!! I'm losing more brain cells than previously thought.
Nah...it would be insane to expect people to remember numbers from planes not flown in years.

At my Mesaba interview, the assistant chief pilot from Detroit just kept flipping through my log book back and forth. Then his cell phone would ring and he'd chat with somebody for a few minutes. When that was done, he'd flip through the log book some more. This went on for at least 10 minutes and I almost think it was test to see if I'd pick that big Jeppesen book up and hit him with it...but I didn't. I thought about it though.

If I would have known his cell phone number, I would have called him one of the times he had stood up and was looking outside the big windows. I can see it now...he's on his phone, "yadda yadda yadda" bleep bleep "yadda yadda...gotta go, got another incoming call, bye!" click, "Hello, this is Assistant Chief Dinkmyer, how can I help you?"

"Dude, you can quit pacing with that cell phone and give me my log book back..."

I had about 1,700 multi 135 in six different types...what was there anything to ask about at the interview...If the check ride forms were forgeries?

Your employment with previous operators should have been verified before you got to an interview...asking questions about gross weights and v-speeds from half a decade ago, might be an indication that they don't believe your previous employer or they don't believe your log book. In which case, you are on the way out the door anyway...

Gulfstream 200 said:
Did you learn a lot flying the palne for a few hours? sure! was it fun as heck? sure...

I just wouldnt log it. Just an opinion.

PS - I personally think you should persue a job with such outfit as opposed to interviewing at regional airlines anyways!! more fun, more money. A lot of entry level charter/corp jobs are had by qualified line guys.

Point taken, I'm actually hoping to see if i can't eventually turn it into something more than just a trip every so often. The normal SIC was actually hired with pretty low hours just because he was friends with the guys at the company. The PIC said he was rather impressed with me, and that i did better than him during his first time in a lear (of course who knows how he really felt, but i will say the flight director makes everything easier).

The PIC said he was rather impressed with me, and that i did better than him during his first time in a lear
But did you have to toss the salad?

Uncle Minh's right seat turbine job success secret number 4 ... "Always offer to toss the salad."

That's why I now have the right seat in two B200s and one C90. I always offer to toss the salad. :(

Minh "Salad Man" Thong
("I preferrrrrrrrr SYRUP!")

Snakum said:
But did you have to toss the salad?

Uncle Minh's right seat turbine job success secret number 4 ... "Always offer to toss the salad."

That's why I now have the right seat in two B200s and one C90. I always offer to toss the salad. :(

Minh "Salad Man" Thong
("I preferrrrrrrrr SYRUP!")

if only the industry was populated with women, and guys were the minority...

Come on man. Lets be realistic. The guy has 300 hrs. He cant get hired anywhere with this. Can you please tell me what good is it to log the few minutes he spent in this plane.

Why doesn't he then just start looging his 777 FS 2004 time as SIC. Hell that is more valuable than Lear 60 time.

Flyboyz said:
Come on man. Lets be realistic. The guy has 300 hrs. He cant get hired anywhere with this. Can you please tell me what good is it to log the few minutes he spent in this plane.

Why doesn't he then just start looging his 777 FS 2004 time as SIC. Hell that is more valuable than Lear 60 time.
Hahaha...a buddy of mine got furloughed with a little SIC 757 time and it got him a job flying as SIC in Lear sized planes over at Net Jets.

Log...

"**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** Homer... I think I just logged onto my internet"

Apologies in advance...boozed up, on the road post.

Flyboyz said:

I haven't logged it at all, and at any rate it was a short flight and wouldn't do me much good anyways. The main reason I was asking is that it looks as though more opportunities will be available with the lear and at what point does it become worth logging? Even if i do end up going with my career "plan B" with the airlines I'll need a hundred hours of multi, it would be a shame to waste what could have done me good. At this point in my career path the multi time comes slowly...

By the way guys, thanks for the comments, its nice to be able to get opinions from different sectors of the industry.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back