• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Log or Not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whenever I fly 121 I like to say 'nice landing, but try to keep a consistent power setting on the approach' and then I log dual given.

Snakum said:
Log what you need ... fly what you can. This weekend I got 25 hours SIC in a Citation Excel and an Embraer Legacy. Next weekend ... a GV! :)

Parker Pen Professionals Unite!

So....after next weekend, are you going to join the "Legacy bashfest" thread in the Corporate forum and tell us which one you think is better?? :D

So....after next weekend, are you going to join the "Legacy bashfest" thread in the Corporate forum and tell us which one you think is better?? :D
Oh ... the Legacy is definitely an awesome ride.

My best friend's mother's ex-husband's Postman flew one during the war and he says the Legacy's single-engine land-and-hold-short numbers are off the hook! And he also swears that the two-engine taxi gradient in ISA conditions blows the G550 away by a nautical mile. When I was flying it, I noticed that the specific reverse thrust available in the climb from either engine, from both engines at the same time, and from no engines turning seemed to consume at least 13% less oxygen than it's closest competitor, which is, as I'm sure you fellow professionals know, the Lockeed Deathstar II. However, I ran some calculations on my wristwatch while climbing to FL600 and I am certain that the Bleed Nitrogen Prox Switches are not actuating until the Interstitial Sump Nozzle temps are well past 4,235 degrees Kelvins. So that could be a problem.

When I am in Finland next month, I'll drop in and speak with the rep about that. I want to help these Spanish folks get every inch of performance possible out of that beautiful bird.

MinhSlobber

What part of the 11 year sunspot cycle did he observe this marginal performance?
Sometimes high tide effects the thrust to tire pressure ratio, but usually the mold and pollen count is more detrimental to the single engine spore suction efficiency.

vclean said:
What part of the 11 year sunspot cycle did he observe this marginal performance?
Sometimes high tide effects the thrust to tire pressure ratio, but usually the mold and pollen count is more detrimental to the single engine spore suction efficiency.
True, but this operator used a free pilot to move the plane as oppposed to a "qualified" pilot who would have drawn a salary. They might have been within the FARS to use a SIC that didn't need this or that, but they sure as hell weren't thinking of all the ramifications when they did so.

Recent news showed a story of the amusement park manager that was tried for Murder II in Indiana regarding the negligent homicide of a rider that fell out of an amusement park ride. This IS the delio. The flight department manager and the captain would be held responsible, had some life taking catastrophe occured...but you never know. Criminal courts don't look at sic or pic...they just see someone dead due to criminal negligence and try the case.

Regardless, the trip came off ok and the operator didn't need to hire and pay a qualified pilot and that is what is most interesting about this trip.

I just LOVE all this airplane talk and stuff. Makes me feel all jiggy n' $h!t.

:)

Minhberg

Snakum said:
I just LOVE all this airplane talk and stuff. Makes me feel all jiggy n' $h!t.

:)

Minhberg
Dude, you are all jiggy and stuff! :D

FN FAL said:
True, but this operator used a free pilot to move the plane as oppposed to a "qualified" pilot who would have drawn a salary. They might have been within the FARS to use a SIC that didn't need this or that, but they sure as hell weren't thinking of all the ramifications when they did so.

Regardless, the trip came off ok and the operator didn't need to hire and pay a qualified pilot and that is what is most interesting about this trip.

I wasn't used as a cheap way out. The crew offered to let me go as a somewhat of a reward. I work at an FBO where this crew and airplane frequent and I always make sure they get very well taken care off. The normal SIC still got his same salary, he just gave up a little flight time. So no I didn't in anyway keep a quaified pilot from getting paid. Had I not gone the normal SIC would have done the trip.

Latest resources

Back