• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Log or Not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At this point in my career path the multi time comes slowly...
I hear ya' brother.

Of course ... I get plenty of multi. I just can't log any of it except as 'Dual Received'. :(

Minh

Last edited:
However, I ran some calculations on my wristwatch while climbing to FL600 and I am certain that the Bleed Nitrogen Prox Switches are not actuating until the Interstitial Sump Nozzle temps are well past 4,235 degrees Kelvins. So that could be a problem.

That's what the germans would have you believe.

Clearly, a problem with the Fetzer valve.

Dont log it!! for 1...What is a lil SIC LR going to do for you?? This is only going to help your total time and get you used to the speeds. For number 2...If you log more than 10hrs then they WILL ask you questions. You might know some questions but then they will ask questions that the only way you would know would be go to school. For ex. Where is the CVR located at???

FN FAL said:
Nah...it would be insane to expect people to remember numbers from planes not flown in years.

At my Mesaba interview, the assistant chief pilot from Detroit just kept flipping through my log book back and forth. Then his cell phone would ring and he'd chat with somebody for a few minutes. When that was done, he'd flip through the log book some more. This went on for at least 10 minutes and I almost think it was test to see if I'd pick that big Jeppesen book up and hit him with it...but I didn't. I thought about it though.

If I would have known his cell phone number, I would have called him one of the times he had stood up and was looking outside the big windows. I can see it now...he's on his phone, "yadda yadda yadda" bleep bleep "yadda yadda...gotta go, got another incoming call, bye!" click, "Hello, this is Assistant Chief Dinkmyer, how can I help you?"

"Dude, you can quit pacing with that cell phone and give me my log book back..."

I had about 1,700 multi 135 in six different types...what was there anything to ask about at the interview...If the check ride forms were forgeries?

Your employment with previous operators should have been verified before you got to an interview...asking questions about gross weights and v-speeds from half a decade ago, might be an indication that they don't believe your previous employer or they don't believe your log book. In which case, you are on the way out the door anyway...

Sounds like my last interview. I was asked a question about an A/C i flew about 2 years prior, gave some BS that sounded great; and the interviewer said, " I really don't know anything about that particular A/C, but it sounded legit." :confused: What??? It was all BS, I guess I can still BS my way out of situations!!! HAHAHA

Clearly, a problem with the Fetzer valve.

I was afraid of that. Our CP, the A&P, and the WTFO all said that the Johnson Clip can become stuck if the correct brake de-ice fluid is not applied before level-off to cruise flight, thus preventing the Fetzer valve from actuating properly.

I knew it.

I love being right.

Oh ... about the Lear time ... LOG IT!

This message has been brought to you by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Radio Ho's (SPCRH).

Minhommad the Muslim Porkchop Prince

say again said:
Sounds like my last interview. I was asked a question about an A/C i flew about 2 years prior, gave some BS that sounded great; and the interviewer said, " I really don't know anything about that particular A/C, but it sounded legit." :confused: What??? It was all BS, I guess I can still BS my way out of situations!!! HAHAHA
I hear ya. I would say that if I started renting an Aztec recently, just to get multi current again and then a job interview came up...yea, I better know the numbers pretty good.

I'd also say that the numbers for the current plane I'm flying is fair game, but I'm not going to study nor recite numbers from the CJ, I flew 6 years ago as a 135 FO, at an interview...nor would I expect to be drilled on them.

Latest resources

Back