Log or Not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lear60Guy

So I got to fly a Lear 60 today, my question is whether or not to log it. There is the possibility of getting further opportunities to fly it later on so I hate to not log what I could. I was reading the regs, I have some systems knowldege and i'm not afraid of dealing with those questions on an interview. Someone told me you had to have three sole manipulator landings and engine out procedures training in order to quailify as SIC, but there is also the stipulation as I understand from reading the regs that if its a ferry flight with no passengers then the landings and engine out stuff aren't required to qualify as SIC, and the leg I flew was a dead leg w/ no pax. So by my understanding I can log it, correct? I guess the reason I am so anxious about logging it is that I actually hand flew the airplane from take off up to altitude and then during the decent and the ILS (I didn't get to land it since it was a short runway). I wasn't just a radio ho or gear swinger, I was the pilot flying. So what do you guys (and gals) think about loggin it?

Youens said:
So I got to fly a Lear 60 today...I wasn't just a radio ho or gear swinger, I was the pilot flying. So what do you guys (and gals) think about loggin it?
Log it as dual received time...you weren't flying it as a pilot, you were getting flight instruction...you dork.

log it for your historic references, but do not make a big deal of it with a future employer, you are not a qualified 60 pilot.

Doesn't a Lear 60 require a type rating? Do you have one? You say you were reading the regs. Which one?

midlifeflyer said:
Doesn't a Lear 60 require a type rating? Do you have one? You say you were reading the regs. Which one?

You need a type to log PIC, not SIC.

Log what you need ... fly what you can. This weekend I got 25 hours SIC in a Citation Excel and an Embraer Legacy. Next weekend ... a GV! :)

Parker Pen Professionals Unite!

:)D)

Minh

If you received the training specified in 61.55 including the 3 t/o and landings, engine-out procedures and CRM training before performing SIC duties, then you can log SIC. Per 61.55, this training is completed before, not during or after flying as SIC.

Be aware when you interview at an airline, it's fair game to ask systems and operational questions about the aircraft in your logbook.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back