Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let's Hear it Folks ! You Might be a FR8DOG if......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...you wake up to find your co-pilot asleep, the radios all have red flags on them, and center dosen't answer when you call....

...and when you figure it out, you are 15 miles out at FL260...

...and when the 20 degree nose-down emergency descent is commenced, the aural warning starts screaming "OIL, OIL, OIL" etc...

...and when approach asks if you can make the descent, you just laugh...

...and you loose sight of the airport because you forgot to turn the windshield heat on, and the relative humidity is about 95%...

...and you don't even get excited about any of this...

...or so I've been told...

Oh yeah,

...and when you make initial contact with center, you start with "Houston, xyz 2730, how do you hear this transmitter?"...

singlespeed said:
You use that long chain from the prop to wrap around the yoke for a autopilot. All the flight express guys know what I mean.

or you make use it a makeshift reins, slide the seat all the way back, seatrest in the full recline position and fly the bird like the work horse it is...

... The ramper at the FBO starts to approach your plane with the red carpet and chocks, but then turns around and runs upon seeing your livery.

... You get kicked out of the FBO (MillionAir BKL) when it's -30 degrees and a blizzard outside, even though you just bought 400 gallons of Jet-A.

... You get your approach clearance, landing clearance, taxi in clearance, taxi out clearance, takeoff clearance, and next leg enroute clearance all fron the same guy as you're crossing the outer marker.

... you've ever hit on a female controller over the radio.

... you tell someone you work for a cargo airline and they ask if you're a loader or a fueler (happened to me today).

... the FBO staff tells you you're not allowed to sit in the pilot lounge because it scares away the other customers (at 3am).

... you've ever done laundry in the FBO bathroom sink.

... you've ever been accidentally called Southwest XXX instead of Starcheck XXX and took offense.

... you know how to flip off a controller over the radio.

... you've ever been told to slow down because you're overtaking a Boeing/MD in front of you.

... you know where the 24 hour watering holes are.

... you've ever gotten off work at 6am and went to the 24 hour watering hole while still in uniform.

... you've ever been sitting on your porch drinking a beer when the paperboy comes by.

... FBO linemen look down their noses at you.

zuka said:
I always thought you need 1sm for contact approach...

Legal is a relative term, I prefer practical.

the classic

this is the classic :D

" you are a frieght dog if you have nearly punched a grumpy on short final "
man i loved that thread !

fr8 dog if

You are 50 knots faster than every RJ, boeing, and MD whatever on final in your Baron, Navajo, or Caravan.

APPROACH: FR8dog123 you just flew through a level 4 on final how was the ride
FR8dog123: Not bad at all
EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN HOLDING FOR 20 Minutes: UH we would like vectors for the approach.

1/8sm 100vv -----No problem

You know your a fr8dog when the wx at your destination is below mins, so you file to some random airport that is above mins with multiple approaches at your actual destination in the remarks section.

When you can actually bank the aircraft more than 30 degrees whenever you want, and for no good reason at all.

Latest resources

Back