• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the rumours FLY ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jonjuan if you are going to make a comparison and provide a link at least make it accurate the flight from hpn to sua was 3:26 and the flight from ttn to rsw was 3:13 both with strong headwinds. Not surprised someone on here would fudge the numbers. The best is you put the CJ3 numbers tulsa to palm springs with a tail wind. nice comparison. The reality is the piaggio would do 380 knots cruise compared to the cj3 at 404. thats pretty close.

BS man-quit spinning the truth. I am looking at scheduled vs. scheduled speeds with head/tail winds excluded. Apples to apples shows an average p180 flight TAS at 360-360 where the cj3 is 410-415 on ANY flights over 2 hours. Big difference.
Look for yourself:
http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/VNR

http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/FIV

Facts you blatantly lied about the flight times of what you posted by a large amount. I clicked on the link you provided in your last post and you lied end of story. The average speed is 360 to 360? Look I fly the airplane I know how fast it is. Spin away

It could also have the opposite effect. If NJ had the Piaggio and it was part of NetJets' operations (and this is not to be taken as a negative against AA) said:
Might work well if one wanted to replace an aging fleet-- say a beechjet? But what to do about acquiring trained pilots?

BROKEFLYER: yup, I think the Union bus should get over to avantair right away and get those boys paid well.

ME: I agree. $40,000 for a 3rd year pilot is retarded.

1. $35k
2. $42k
3. $44k
4. $46k

BTDI likes to twist things a bit. Not going to argue that the payrates don't still need some adjusting, but give it time.

This is FO pay typically you are upgrading to captain by year 3 or 4 were you are making a whole lot more. There have been several posts in other threads showing that due to the quicker upgrades the salaries over time are not far off from netjets. More importantly pilots that started a year or two or three ago are still here. No furloughs

This is FO pay typically you are upgrading to captain by year 3 or 4 were you are making a whole lot more. There have been several posts in other threads showing that due to the quicker upgrades the salaries over time are not far off from netjets. More importantly pilots that started a year or two or three ago are still here. No furloughs

Rrrriiiggghhhtttt..Wow unbelievable... At a 4 year point at NJA I'd have made in the area of 320K Not including tips/OT/per diem..(which we all know is real income for us)..

At the 4 year point at Avan. what would we be looking at...167K plus extra's, which cannot be anywhere close to the extra's at NJA..Now even if you upgraded quicker at Avan. it would still take years and years to equal NJA FO pay over the same time period...Thats assuming your Cpt. make more than 80+ grand a year..and remember NJA FO pay still increases..(our contract goes to the ten year point and tops out at maybe 105K??) Did I mention 401k conributions?

And thats also assuming everyone upgrades at year 3-4 at Avan. forever...And in my 10 years as a professional pilot I've got 9 1/2 years as an SIC, thats right...approximately 5000 out 5400 jets hrs are as SIC because of that almighty 4 year upgrade that never happened!!!

I don't know anyone at Avantair, and I'm glad everyone is happy there, but don't get on your horse and say how because you can upgrade there at year 4 you'll actually be better off. Because we all know how that'll play out...Bottom line, you have to pay your FO's more...and not give them the short end of your shaft because of a promise of upgrade..

And in the end, whenever I get called back, and whenever the next NJA TA comes about I'll be expecting a very large FO raise, because I'll have 6-10 years there longetivity wise and will want to be paid accordingly. No matter what seat I'm in.

No matter what happens at NJA (I'm furloughed) I'm still way ahead of where I would have been anywhere else $$wise.

I guess we do need that union bus...as long as it comes with someone on it that can explain to me as well as he explained to you how "furloughed" makes you better off.

Latest resources

Back