• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the rumours FLY ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Somebody please tell me Mr. Sokol hasn't been going down to Cabo a lot recently, like our CEO has.

"Some of the numbers are wrong in the above email (I was runnning 2 sets of calcuations and mixed them up), but the concept still holds. Sorry for any confusion."

NJAowner..please try and do better next time as you had us all confused and most of us missed our dinner trying to figure what you meant. Obviously joking...the figures for aviation make no sense from a business standpoint. Too many people in the business because they like things that fly and the pricing does not match up with the costs. If it did, the industry would be 25-50% smaller.

NJAOwner,

I always value your opinion and you make some interesting points but I also don't see Marquis as a "competitor." My money, if a deal happens at all, is on Options.

I think so too.

Musical chairs...

This thread really doesn't have significance until General Lee gives his opinion.

I sure hope you guys have SCOPE in that fffffantastic contract of yours. Sure, maybe Netjets can buy someone like Avantair, and then use them more while they dump small citations and beechjets on your side. Yeah, that would be great! Good luck with that. Maybe then those Avantair guys can eat at Rudy's at TEB during every turn there. That would be worth it for them---those Salmon Sandwiches are tasty apparently.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Funny you all assume it will be an aviation based company.

only because we read the article :smash:

Do you think it has a tie-in with Playboy or sumthin...

Art might be onto something. Maybe Sokol heard about those delicious salmon sandwiches and decided to buy out Rudy's. That would make more sense because I hear they are so yummy.

To me, it would make some sense to focus on buying up a FBO chain.

If you look at savings made so far by NJA/NJI in crew, aircraft, fuel, HQ move, office personnel, etc, then one of the largest remaining "fixed" costs must relate to FBO charges.

There again, KTEB isn't up for sale.......??? :eek:

Maybe NJ brings Marquis in house. No change to the Marquis customers, no new aircraft, NJ already handles owners services and everything but marketing (and NJ salesmen already represent Marquis as well) and NJ can handle the card business.

Plus, my guess is Marquis has an issue with a mismatch of owning shares and having a multiyear commitment but only selling cards in 1 year (or less) pieces. Generally, it would be called a mismatch of maturities between your assets and liabilities. if this is true, NJ can buy Marquis on the cheap since Marquis would already have a huge liability to NJ.

Wow, 3 pages before someone got it right. There is a reason that NJA owner sits in the back of the plane. :)

I'm guessing this will happen for pennies on the dollar.

There is other reasons this makes sense but I won't go onto that here.

Why can Marquis be bought for "very little"? If my sources are right, they make money, a lot of it as their overhead has been minimal, unless they have gone nuts and bought a lot of shares. If they bought shares, then they would have a lot of debt.

Dude, you honestly need new sources. How do you think the card program works?? They do buy shares, they have a lot of overhead. They aren't making piles of money like you think they are.

Latest resources

Back