• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the rumours FLY ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which begs the question...who is keeping tabs on the # of a/c at NJA???

For instance we furloughed 500..(which is the 5 per a/c of the 100 we want to dispose of) but did we actually dispose of any? Are they on the certificate? How many a/c are there?

I don't care if an a/c is sitting in Carson City for weeks..It's still a NJA a/c.
Now say we get a crap load of owners from another frac. And say they get into some of these 100 a/c. How do we know the status of any of the a/c...I'm more inclined to think that they'll just try to overwork the rest of the guys..

Can any union guys explain how it will/can be done. (without relying on figures given from the company to us)

Good questions. I have a feeling that we may have less pilots than are required per the contract after the furloughs. Might be something worth looking into and grieving if true. Just because he "wants" to sell off 100 (ie, 500 pilots) aircraft doesn't mean they have been or will be sold. Which means they should still be staffed accordingly if they are on the certificate. Seems like no one ever has an exact answer as to how many aircraft are on the certificate at a given time.

It seems like the furloughs should have gradually occured along with the selling of the aircraft instead of 500 axed all at once. I know we didn't lose 100 aircraft all at once.

If it is a deal for only the customers, then where do the old aircraft go? I don't think any company is going to sell just the customers. It is too complex with ownership and management contracts of the airplanes.

There was an AIN article that referenced a merger that was pointed out to me be a Flex management pilot. He was adamant that I read the paragraph regarding the merger with little other comment. Just a thought. Could be nothing.

and management, especially flexjet management, would never try to purposefully screw with their poor belaugered pilot group already stressed out about furloughs with rumors of more to come... No not the waterview I've heard about.

Not to mention that waterview never "accidentally" or "confidentially" leak information for any other purpose than true and outright disclosure or the best interests of said pilot group. No, they are an honorable bunch those guys at Waterview. They would never put themselves or company skeltons ahead of the right thing...

All I can say is if some - make that any- of you are truly worried that this rumor could even be about Flex and it turns out not to be true,the best thing
y'all can do is quickly unionize flash gordon style before the industry and economy throw any more curveballs. This is not about money or QOL issues anymore. It is about the right to have a say in your future and a seat at the table that decides your fate.

And if it turns out to actually be flex, well we're all screwed and it's too late for anything. Don't worry cuz I won't have the time to say I told you so because I will be too busy freaking out and probrably crying hysterically at the
thought of how it would be a catastrophe for my family. No other rumor has had me identify with the furloughees as much as this one. That's a LOT - or should I say a LOT MORE- of good people screwed.

I really hope your experience DirtyBeech was just more waterview olympics.

Geeeessshhhh....

Last edited:
Here is a question. If Netjets is looking to just buy an owner list, Why would Bombardier (who is in the business of selling airplanes) sell the FlexJet owner list and be stuck with the 85 or so airplanes Flexjet has left. That really doesnt make a lot of sense. Now if Netjest was looking to buy the whole business I think it might be a better possibility.

Here is a question. If Netjets is looking to just buy an owner list, Why would Bombardier (who is in the business of selling airplanes) sell the FlexJet owner list and be stuck with the 85 or so airplanes Flexjet has left. That really doesnt make a lot of sense. Now if Netjest was looking to buy the whole business I think it might be a better possibility.

Not to mention, no other frac operates Bombardier aircraft. I would have to think that if most of Flexjet's owners wanted to fly on Hawkers, Citations, Gulfstreams, whatever, they would've gone to a frac that had those in the first place.

I agree with gret... too much is being read into this.

Maybe NJ brings Marquis in house. No change to the Marquis customers, no new aircraft, NJ already handles owners services and everything but marketing (and NJ salesmen already represent Marquis as well) and NJ can handle the card business.

Plus, my guess is Marquis has an issue with a mismatch of owning shares and having a multiyear commitment but only selling cards in 1 year (or less) pieces. Generally, it would be called a mismatch of maturities between your assets and liabilities. if this is true, NJ can buy Marquis on the cheap since Marquis would already have a huge liability to NJ.

Last edited:
Maybe NJ brings Marquis in house. No change to the Marquis customers, no new aircraft, NJ already handles owners services and everything but marketing (and NJ salesmen already represent Marquis as well) and NJ can handle the card business.

Good points. The one thing I noticed in the article was that it said NJA was in talks with a "smaller competitor." Not sure Marquis would be considered as a competitor. Then again, that article could also be inaccurate.

My bet is Options or CitationAir. I think this would lock up future aircraft orders for NJA. Might be some sort of package deal with a manufacturer as well. Options has a tie in with Embraer and obviously Cessna with CitationAir. Ah heck, you could even throw Flex in there with Bombardier as well. Who knows........

I just hope it gets some of us off of the street and back in the cockpit. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Plus, my guess is Marquis has an issue with a mismatch of owning shares and having a multiyear commitment but only selling cards in 1 year (or less) pieces. Generally, it would be called a mismatch of maturities between your assets and liabilities. if this is true, NJ can buy Marquis on the cheap since Marquis would already have a huge liability to NJ.

As I said earlier, gimme an EM.....

Marquis could be bought for very little.
There is no debt.
There are no new planes.
There are no new pilots.
There is no integration of anything other than some in sales (NJ and Marquis even have already consolidated owners events).
Marquis is competition, as it sells cards which NJ does very little of in the domestic market.
No new fleets, no new manufacturers to deal with.
Heck -- Marquis cardholders do not even need new phone numbers since they already feed into Columbus.
Marquis may be close to having cash flow problems (just speculation), so it can't pay its bills to NJ.
NJ already has extra shares to accommodate any growth in this area without adding a plane, pilot or operations person.
No pilots anywhere lose jobs.
Acquisitions do not get any easier than this.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back