• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the rumours FLY ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont know what they feed these folks Let me say it this way, a pilot who has been here (Avantair) 6 years is making 81k a year. Our per diem is 2.00. A 6 year pilot at Netjets makes 72,746. Your per diem 1.70. If we both started 5, 6, 7 years ago The Avantair pilot today is making more. Thats just the fact. Look at the websites like willflyforfood, etc. Plus, once again we have not furloughed.

I dont know what they feed these folks Let me say it this way, a pilot who has been here (Avantair) 6 years is making 81k a year. Our per diem is 2.00. A 6 year pilot at Netjets makes 72,746. Your per diem 1.70. If we both started 5, 6, 7 years ago The Avantair pilot today is making more. Thats just the fact. Look at the websites like willflyforfood, etc. Plus, once again we have not furloughed.

From APC:

Avantair at 6 years: CA 81,000 FO 43,000 + COLA

NetJets at 6 years: CA 103,923 FO 72,746

Not sure if APC's numbers are wholly accurate or not, but if they're remotely close - someone needs to go back and examine their basic math skills. I do give props (no pun intended) that Avantair hasn't layed off. But then again NJ's is more than 10 times the size of Avantair.

At six years at Avantair you are a Captain. 6 years at NetJets you are an FO. Why is this so hard? The idea is if we started at the same time 4,5,6,7 or how many years before you upgrade we are making more because we are making Captains salary. 1,2,3,4,5,.... year captains pay at Netjets is a farce it is unattainable. Nice to talk about and a great way for managment to compare salaries and then have a backroom laugh.

At six years at Avantair you are a Captain. 6 years at NetJets you are an FO. Why is this so hard? The idea is if we started at the same time 4,5,6,7 or how many years before you upgrade we are making more because we are making Captains salary. 1,2,3,4,5,.... year captains pay at Netjets is a farce it is unattainable. Nice to talk about and a great way for managment to compare salaries and then have a backroom laugh.

I hope you're joking!!! If not, that is exactly the same short sighted thinking that has ruined the rest of the industry. How long do you think those "quick" upgrade will last? Soon it'll be, "oh that's ok, AA is just a 'stepping stone."

Unlikely for him to earn that much. He either got very lucky with after-midnights or was padding his numbers. He had to earn over 20% over his 18 Day schedule in overtime.

RJ: I hope you're joking!!! If not, that is exactly the same short sighted thinking that has ruined the rest of the industry. How long do you think those "quick" upgrade will last?

BTDI: That "quick upgrade" promise only lasted 8 months while I was there. I gave them my 1 year training contract and bailed on them. 1 year upgrades at poverty pay has now become 3-4 year upgrades at poverty pay.

Unlikely for him to earn that much. He either got very lucky with after-midnights or was padding his numbers. He had to earn over 20% over his 18 Day schedule in overtime.

He did say he worked the 18-day schedule with a lot of overtime, late pay, holidays, etc.

14% over year 1 when we were busier. Maybe 2 aftermidnights 1 extended day...I cleared 80 first year, and 79 and some change this year..(took the reduced schedule for the summer). didn't pad my numbers at all...18 day schedule (I don't like 7 day trips)

He did say he worked the 18-day schedule with a lot of overtime, late pay, holidays, etc.

I'm glad some people actually read the posts before they respond. In January/Feb '08 we were so busy that I was getting 5-10 hrs OT just for showing up to the airport early.

Latest resources

Back