• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Let the rumours FLY ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a guy who just got furloughed that cleared over $100k in 2009 as a 3rd year NJA FO.

I was at 2 years 3 months...If I didn't bring home $5200 take home per month I was dissapointed... That was with out OT, contributing 19%, and working approx. 3 six day trips......Typically the only time I made less was during recurrent or sim.

I could definitely see a guy already in his 3rd year working alot bringing home over 6 figures. It may take some after midnights or luckily scheduling but definitely doable. Could also be on a larger fleet.

I'm just dumbfounded anyone would support the idea that it's ok to accept low wages because they feel their peers will just upgrade in 4 years!! That's great Mesa thinking there.

Last edited:
Incorrect. The most junior Captain at NetJets has been here 4 years and 4 months.
This difference will only change and dramatically. NJA is LUCKY they didn't downgrade as they could have, otherwise the numbers would change once again.

Really jonjuan? Since you profess to be an expert on our CBA, please enlighten me as to how they could have downgraded. I'll be here waiting...

Good to hear some of us were making OT money there. I chose the 7/7 due to family needs and the IBB contract was a great raise. But for me, 2009 saw almost no overtime and only one after midnight. OT increased later in the year and it seemed like the guys who were not furloughed were going to do very well with OT in 2010.

Good to hear some of us were making OT money there. I chose the 7/7 due to family needs and the IBB contract was a great raise. But for me, 2009 saw almost no overtime and only one after midnight. OT increased later in the year and it seemed like the guys who were not furloughed were going to do very well with OT in 2010.

Really!?? You just said that out loud on a public forum?

Really jonjuan? Since you profess to be an expert on our CBA, please enlighten me as to how they could have downgraded. I'll be here waiting...
Me too. I love how arrogant blowholes spew out misinformation like they are experts.

All we need is General Lee and B19, then we'll have a trifecta of know-it-all's. :nuts:

Well I want to thank you and everyone else working OT for your support knowing that you are doing everything possible to cover the trips with min. crews while I'm on the street. :rolleyes:

Well I want to thank you and everyone else working OT for your support knowing that you are doing everything possible to cover the trips with min. crews while I'm on the street. :rolleyes:

Be nice if the "F" word was used every time guys were going to go over 12 hours of duty wouldn't it?

Check out the letter IPA wrote to the UPS pilots in the Cargo section of the boards here. That's how it should be done.

NJASAP won't risk the chance of the company claiming that they are proposing an "illegal job action" by telling people not to pick up OT, extended days, etc. Have unions really been stripped of all their power in this country?

Latest resources

Back