Let the rumours FLY ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your avatar freaks me out. :nuts:

The loss of Market share to a competitor is the exact reason you would want to buy them. Netjets would not want to see Avantair merge with someone else. I would be willing to bet that Netjets management is keeping a close eye on Avantair. Just imagine if Flight Options bought them and rebranded themselves thats a whole different ball game for Netjets. The market share already lost would balloon. Avantair is sitting in really good position. Very smart management they have positioned themselves well.

i believe there paid very well for what there Flying..Unless you can post numbers to prove me wrong..The plane is a suped up King air with the props on backwards..

i believe there paid very well for what there Flying..Unless you can post numbers to prove me wrong..The plane is a suped up King air with the props on backwards..

Sooped-up King Air?

It has a cabin that's closer in size to a Hawker than a 400XP (or any King Air), with cruise speeds not that much slower than an Ultra or CJ3.

Sooped-up King Air?

It has a cabin that's closer in size to a Hawker than a 400XP (or any King Air), with cruise speeds not that much slower than an Ultra or CJ3.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VNR159

3 hours, 53 minutes from HPN to SUA? Looks like it's scheduled for 321 knots. Yikes. And why doesn't it like to fly over water flying up/down the east coast?

Here's another:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/VNR175
350 knots filed 3:43 TTN-RSW. Yikes again.

CJ3: 404 knots filed
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FIV413

That's a 15-20% difference. I wouldn't call that "not that much slower."

While I'm not the keeper of Avantair...

I'd say the airplane doesn't know the difference between overwater and overland routing, so I'd put that on Avantair dispatch.

As far as the cruise speeds go...you sure picked some long segments (NYC-FL) for the P180 to make your point. If you'd take a look at flights in the 1+30 range, you'd see filed cruise speed in the 375-380kt range...which is 7% slower than the CJ3 flight you listed.

FWIW, the CJ3 should be able to do 410-412kt @ FL400.

My point is that it is a prop airplane cant cross the pond..Cant go coast to coast..How much should a salary on a plane like this command? I am all for high pilot salaries and being paid like the proffesionals that we are..But Avaintair pilots seem well compensated for the equipment there in..there paid better than FLOPS pilots flying Hawkers and Citation Xs

jonjuan if you are going to make a comparison and provide a link at least make it accurate the flight from hpn to sua was 3:26 and the flight from ttn to rsw was 3:13 both with strong headwinds. Not surprised someone on here would fudge the numbers. The best is you put the CJ3 numbers tulsa to palm springs with a tail wind. nice comparison. The reality is the piaggio would do 380 knots cruise compared to the cj3 at 404. thats pretty close.

Latest resources

Back