Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LegacyIIDriver said:
How is that a good shot? I never said anything about who showed up first or last... Once again, people reading into things that aren't there. Nice work.

No wonder this board has such a bad rep.

Say what you want. I'm done with this thread (AGAIN).

You'll be back....even if at FL370 and Mach .78.....you'll be back -- to defend the WSCoD!!

Gulfstream 200 said:
You'll be back....even if at FL370 and Mach .78.....you'll be back -- to defend the WSCoD!!
Um, I think you mean Mach 0.74, at least according to Embraer's web site... and Embraer claims 3,250 NM at Mach 0.74, not 3,400 NM... Yet again, exaggerations...

Still waiting for the "Legacy II" to show up on Embraer's web site... :rolleyes:

Skull-one, Skull-Two... the story never changes... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Falcon Capt said:
Um, I think you mean Mach 0.74, at least according to Embraer's web site... and Embraer claims 3,250 NM at Mach 0.74, not 3,400 NM... Yet again, exaggerations...

Still waiting for the "Legacy II" to show up on Embraer's web site... :rolleyes:

Skull-one, Skull-Two... the story never changes... :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what it says. 0.74M at 390 = 3200 NM with reserve. That includes a hold at 5K for 30 minutes after a missed approach and a departure to an alternate 250NM away or so...

We get 3200 NM at .795M however with reserve so the numbers are still conservative. That will change in time. We'll also get a bump when we go to FL410.

It would be a Legacy IV now.

* Legacy I = Prototypes and early production. P engines, beefed up wing structure, no aerodynamic improvements.
* Legacy II = E Engines. Aerodynamic upgrades. Original fuel system. Lightened wing structure. (Was strong enough with the original wing.)
* Legacy III = Updated fuel system with increased capacity.
* Legacy IV = Flight Level 410 Capable. Numerous internal improvements to pax convenience and entertainment systems.

As is quite obvious, I know more about the airplane than you do...so like, put a pie in it.

(Enough with the Skull references, BTW. Nobody cares. Show some maturity and drop it already. If my login worked I'd still be using that screen name here. I changed a password and it quit working. Happens with every login name I use. Change the password and it dumps you permanently. You get it fixed and I'll go back to it.)

Last edited:
From SportCompactCar magazine, info on the 2005 Subaru Legacy:

"To reduce weight, plastics make up the unique intake manifold and the intercooler end-tanks. The intercooler is a high-flow unit, smaller and angled for maximum efficiency with the hood scoop. Manual transmission models weigh 22 lbs less than a WRX STi, though the Spec B variant weighs 22 lbs more thanks to the heavier wheels, tires and brakes."

That's how the Legacy will get to 410...MORE PLASTIC.

Dangerkitty said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a WSCoD?

Whistiling $#!t Can of Death. It's a ERJ-135 with some leather seats and a sweet pressurization software upgrade....gosh!!! :D

Check your PM's, btw.

Last edited:
suen1843 said:
From SportCompactCar magazine, info on the 2005 Subaru Legacy:

"To reduce weight, plastics make up the unique intake manifold and the intercooler end-tanks. The intercooler is a high-flow unit, smaller and angled for maximum efficiency with the hood scoop. Manual transmission models weigh 22 lbs less than a WRX STi, though the Spec B variant weighs 22 lbs more thanks to the heavier wheels, tires and brakes."

That's how the Legacy will get to 410...MORE PLASTIC.

See? Now *that* is humor! :)

Latest resources

Back