Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bart said:
The software upgrade for the higher certified altitude... is that like chipping the ECU of a car? Can you do it in your garage or do you have to take it somewhere? Does the chip fix the problems with the pressure vessel that originally kept them from certifying for a higher altitude?

With the extended range mod that means you can break down further from home? Far enough away so that there is absolutely no support for the airplane?

No support huh? I'll tell that to the G-550 driver I ran into in IL last week. Had a busted wingtip lens cover and couldn't go anywhere cuz G-String didn't have the part.

Never had that problem with a Legacy before...

The pressure vessel was designed for 370 to begin with because that was all the Regionals wanted. It is clearly more than strong enough to handle 410 or it would never have been certified to do it. And the process wasn't that hard. One MINOR change to the outflow valve and that was it.

How many times do we have to explain it? NUMBER OF CYCLES is much harder on a plane than the altitude it is taken to. This plane was designed to CYCLE CYCLE CYCLE. That means it is STRONG.

G100driver said:
No it hasn't. The WSCofD still cracks me up. It was so funny that I had to share it with my boss last time we were parked next to one in MKE. He thinks it hysterical as well. Every time we go by one he screams "WSCofD ... things could be worse!"

What makes it even better was some middle management guys were on the airplane and have spent many hours on EMB135 &145's. They confirmed as a passenger how noisy and uncomfortable this airframe is.

Go ahead ... correct me now I need a good laugh.

PS If someone wanted to pay me to fly one I would do so happily. Anytime you get paid (well) to fly it really does not matter what you fly.

No offense, but your boss is just uninformed. Glad to see he hires like-minded folks.

Comparing the 135/145 to the Legacy in terms of noise, interior, etc. is like comparing a Citation II to a G-IVSP. The differences are night and day.

People who fly our jet rave about it. Put down the crack pipe and go back to your high school homework.

Last edited:
The Legacy IS an Embraer 145. How can it be as different as a Citation to a GIV?

Its the same POS. Hence nobody buys them.

Outside of a domestic shuttle (would that be a REGIONAL AIRLINE??) the thing is useless in the corporate world.

Stop the insanity man.

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
The Legacy IS an Embraer 145. How can it be as different as a Citation to a GIV?

Its the same POS. Hence nobody buys them.
Outside of a domestic corporate shuttle (would that be a REGIONAL AIRLINE??) the thing is useless in the corporate world.

Stop the insanity man.

Yeah, it's useless all right. That's why I see the same Gulfstream and Falcon tail numbers everywhere I go. We're doing the same thing they are and we do just fine.

Anyone who thinks the 145 and the Legacy are the same thing is clueless. You really have no idea what you're talking about... First of all, it's based on a 135 airframe. However, they are dramatically different in many many many ways. Same *basic* airframe and (most) systems, but the similarities end there. Anyone who thinks this is a dressed up RJ is nuts.

Oh, and all deliveries are sold out for the rest of this year. But nobody buys them... Uh....huh.

Last edited:
LegacyIIDriver said:
Yeah, it's useless all right. That's why I see the same Gulfstream and Falcon tail numbers everywhere I go. We're doing the same thing they are and we do just fine.

Anyone who thinks the 145 and the Legacy are the same thing is clueless. You really have no idea what you're talking about... They are dramatically different in many many many ways. Same *basic* airframe and systems, but the similarities end there.

taken the $HITCAN to Singapore lately? Australia? Dubai? Beijing? Jakarta? Kuala Lumpur? Cairo? Jo-burg? Moscow?

THATS where people take Gulfstreams and Falcons.

My guess is you fly that hunk of $hit from LA to NY on a great VFR windy day if youre lucky. Probably have to fuel in Kansas on the way home too...

Its a Regional Jet, thats what it was desinged for.

Again, thats why nobody buys them.

Imagine at the next Board Meeting.....

"Guys, we really liked that Regional Jet we flew from Laguardia-Baltimore last month SO much....I think we should buy one, put in a leather interior....paint it nice....yeah....."

Be happy it pays your bills, just dont call it a corporate jet that competes with falcons and G's.

Last edited:
I think I see another 30+ pages of spankings coming again:rolleyes:

What did someone call this thread around page 3......"like watching a train wreck!"

I think its a pretty **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good loooking bird and I certainly would love to fly one...or fly anything in that category.

LegacyIIDriver said:

Anyone who thinks the 145 and the Legacy are the same thing is clueless. You really have no idea what you're talking about... First of all, it's based on a 135 airframe. However, they are dramatically different in many many many ways. Same *basic* airframe and (most) systems, but the similarities end there. Anyone who thinks this is a dressed up RJ is nuts.

Oh, and all deliveries are sold out for the rest of this year. But nobody buys them... Uh....huh.

I see you added that they are all SOLD OUT.

TO WHO?

:confused: .

serioulsy, just curious....

LegacyIIDriver said:
Oh, and all deliveries are sold out for the rest of this year.
Gee, ALL the way till the end of the year??? Whats that? 7 1/2 months??? Have you checked into other deliveries lately? G-550 the earliest you can get one is about March 2007 (nearly 24 months) G-450/G-350 a few months after that, Falcon 7X is sold out into 2008...

7 1/2 months... WOW, I for one am impressed!

Falcon Capt said:
Gee, ALL the way till the end of the year??? Whats that? 7 1/2 months??? Have you checked into other deliveries lately? G-550 the earliest you can get one is about March 2007 (nearly 24 months) G-450/G-350 a few months after that, Falcon 7X is sold out into 2008...

7 1/2 months... WOW, I for one am impressed!

So am I, considering "nobody buys it".

Legacy jets aren't like other jets. They have to share the pipeline with the RJ. If they could sell more this year they would. The customers are out there.

Gulfstream 200 said:
taken the $HITCAN to Singapore lately? Australia? Dubai? Beijing? Jakarta? Kuala Lumpur? Cairo? Jo-burg? Moscow?

THATS where people take Gulfstreams and Falcons.

My guess is you fly that hunk of $hit from LA to NY on a great VFR windy day if youre lucky. Probably have to fuel in Kansas on the way home too...

Its a Regional Jet, thats what it was desinged for.

Again, thats why nobody buys them.

Imagine at the next Board Meeting.....

"Guys, we really liked that Regional Jet we flew from Laguardia-Baltimore last month SO much....I think we should buy one, put in a leather interior....paint it nice....yeah....."

Be happy it pays your bills, just dont call it a corporate jet that competes with falcons and G's.

You, sir, are beyond wrong.

I have taken it to Ireland, London, Moscow, Kuwait, Dubai, etc.. in recent months. It does just fine and I know when I go there it isn't going to break and leave me stranded. I KNOW that I will get home with it and not stop in MX first.

Yes, it would be nice to have more than 3,400 NM to play with but I most certainly don't do any fuel stops in the CONUS, from/to anywhere...and I don't have to worry about Gulfstream's wonderful (apparently not) MX network because I know my jet won't break unless I taxi it into something.

It is not a Regional Jet. It has twice the fuel of a Regional Jet. That alone makes it a totally different animal.

It will outcycle anything Falcon or Gulfstream will *ever* build in your lifetime, too, BTW.

Sure, G-Strings and Falcons conquer the world when they aren't in MX...

Last edited:
LegacyIIDriver said:
So am I, considering "nobody buys it".

Legacy jets aren't like other jets. They have to share the pipeline with the RJ. If they could sell more this year they would. The customers are out there.

Pretty much what we thought, no numbers....does that mean they sold, maybe 1.5 Leagacys this year?

interesting that an airplane that rolls down the assembly line with POS regional jets is not....a POS regional jet...

and do you have ANY idea the dspatch reliablity on Gulfstreams and Falcons?

Hang it up WSoD driver......jeeesh man, you're like the guy who BRAGS about humpin' a fat chik!!

:rolleyes: .

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back