• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GVFlyer said:
G350 Specifications v. Legacy - 8 passengers, ISA, NBAA IFR Fuel Reserves
GV
While I don’t doubt most of your numbers, a previous post I made (#368) has trip numbers that don’t seem to add up. Any comment?
I’ve not been able to find where it says the Legacy cannot climb to FL390 direct.

The fuel load is actually 18328lbs after s/n 625

The A1E engine produces 8810lbs

Also, based on the numbers in your post, the G350 is 8% faster and the 3200nm trip would be completed about 32 min faster…

Falcon Capt said:
I took the liberty of highlighting in RED (for WSofDDriver a.k.a. Skull-One) some of the finer, more interesting points of GVFlyer's post...
You guys are relentless… Not that he doesn’t deserve it…:)

Can we stop, choose sides again and start over?:)

Falcon Capt said:
WSofD achieves it's max range at a measly M0.74
WSofD "High Speed Cruise" is a measly M0.78
WSofD can only go up to FL390 (yeah, yeah, new software... we know)
WSofD needs nearly 6,000 ft of runway for max range (over 700 ft more than G-350)
WSofD has an 8,800 ft cabin at FL410, have you ever spent 8 hours at an 8,800 ft cabin? Talk about fatigue! The New Global Express is offering a 4,500ft cabin at FL450... Why??? Because it makes a serious difference...
WSofD has a max payload (with full fuel) of 1,000 lbs (5 passengers) LESS than the G-350... That "Big" cabin but yet you can't take everyone with!
WSofD actually has a SMALLER cabin than the G-350...
WSofD has a higher trip cost than the G-350...

But....but....but....the NEW Legacy OUTPERFORMS the book numbers in every regard! :D

The Subaru Legacy is a crossbreed car that's been designed to meet the needs and desires of today's buyers. It was created to appeal to those people who want the ruggedness and AWD abilities of a Sport-Ute but who do not want the poor ride, bad gas mileage, and large step-up of a normal Sport-Ute. The car features AWD (type varies with transmission), aggressive looks, more ground clearance than a normal passenger car, and a large interior space. It also gets over 25 MPG on the highway and rides more like a sport sedan than anything else. It can also outperform a Sport-Ute in many accident-avoidance and bad-weather manouvers, and independent testing by IMSA has shown that it is even better on bad terrain than other compact Sport-Utes.

I think all the Mercedes and Rolls owners will be switching to the Legacy pretty soon.

JetPilot500 said:
I guess you can fly INTERNATIONAL in a WSCoD.....

http://www.avcrew.com/jobs/pilots/jobs.htm#0103

Legacy Captain (China) 1/03

Macau-based (China) flight department is seeking a EMB-145BJ (Legacy) Captain to operate worldwide. Ideal candidate will have an FAA ATP, First Class medical certificate, EMB-145 type rating, 5000 hours total time, 100 hours in type, extensive corporate and international experience, and a willingness to relocate overseas. We offer an attractive compensation package and the opportunity to work with other high-caliber professionals in one of Asia's top flight departments. If you meet the above qualifications and would like to join our team of professionals, please email your complete resume to [email protected]. Don't forget to mention AvCrew.com when applying.

NO WAY JP500...

they folded up that planes wings and shipped the whole POS via FED-EX in a big crate in an MD11.

If it tried to fly from $hithole, Brazil to Macau at .43 mach (long range cruise) it would still be enroute after 3.5 years (at FL 390 - software) and heading for its 23rd fuel stop somewhere near Guam!!!

Legacy baby....there IS no substitute.

:) ...

Last edited:
OMG I can't stop laughing...WSCoD...

gulfstream 200, I think your post belongs on the top ten funniest posts on flightinfo.

[b said:
GVFlyer[/b]] G350 Specifications v. Legacy - 8 passengers, ISA, NBAA IFR Fuel Reserves
GV
I also come up with max cruise of M.76 at 234 Kts FL390...

Do you have a computer program you run the numbers in?

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
NO WAY JP500...

they folded up that planes wings and shipped the whole POS via FED-EX in a big crate in an MD11.
If you tried to fly the WSofD on any real International missions you would most certainly be "Doomed"...

You know, there is a much cheaper way to get to your international destinations (since WSofDDriver, i.e. Skull-One) is so concerned about cost... Perhaps you could jam your boss into a FedEx box and put a lable on it... Watch out so he doesn't get a nasty papercut!

http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4

Falcon Capt said:
If you tried to fly the WSofD on any real International missions you would most certainly be "Doomed"...

You know, there is a much cheaper way to get to your international destinations (since WSofDDriver, i.e. Skull-One) is so concerned about cost... Perhaps you could jam your boss into a FedEx box and put a lable on it... Watch out so he doesn't get a nasty papercut!

http://www.fedex.com/us/about/advertising/tvads/dramawm.html?link=4

Awwwww, thanks Capt...

now instead of flying G212 in a comfy bizjet we will be drop shipping all our CEO's to China - and you and I will be unemployed - knocking on the door at XYZ regional hoping to fly a WSofD for $9/hr...

thanks a lot...

say it with me Capt....."Newark-Cleveland-Newark-Cleveland-Newark-Cleveland-Newark...."

:D .

Last edited:
Gulfstream 200 said:
Awwwww, thanks Capt...

now instead of flying G212 we will be drop shipping all our CEO's to China - and you and I will be knocking on the door at XYZ regional hoping to fly a WSofD for $9/hr...

thanks a lot...

say it with me....."Newark-Cleveland-Newark-Cleveland-Newark-Cleveland-Newark...."

:D .
Then we could be just like Skull-One... uh, I mean WSofDDriver... uh, I mean LagacyDriver... uh... oh forget it... Is Truckmasters hiring???

JetBlast2000 said:
While I don’t doubt most of your numbers, a previous post I made (#368) has trip numbers that don’t seem to add up. Any comment?

Yes, in post #368 which you quoted, FokkerJet accurately quoted performance numbers for the $43 million GV's which his company operates. My performance numbers were for the $27.5 million G350.

I’ve not been able to find where it says the Legacy cannot climb to FL390 direct.

Because Gulfstream does not consider the Legacy to be a corporate jet, Performance Engineering has not done a competitive analysis on it. Subsequently, the performance I quoted is from Conklin & DeDecker Fall 2004. If you go to the Legacy web site their performance tab shows the Legacy going directly to FL390 then stepping up to FL410 after slightly more than 2 hours. As this is not yet a reality, I chose to go with proven data.

The fuel load is actually 18328lbs after s/n 625

Noted, the Legacy carries 158 lbs more fuel than recorded by C&D. The process for adding additional fuel, however, is questionable. Embraer has been squirreling away fuel in every available nook and cranny of the fuselage. All Gulfstream fuel is located in the wings, requires no fuel management and does not offer the risks associated with multiple fuselage fuel tanks.

The A1E engine produces 8810lbs

Again the data I quoted was from the most current edition of Conklin & DeDecker. I can find references giving the A1E as little as 7105 lbs of thrust; the Embraer Legacy website shows the identical 7,953 lbs of thrust that I quoted:

http://www.legacybyembraer.com/english/content/executive/engine.asp

Also, based on the numbers in your post, the G350 is 8% faster and the 3200nm trip would be completed about 32 min faster…

If the Legacy could fly 3200 nm at M 0.78 the G350 would be only 35 minutes quicker. But, it can't; in order to fly 3,200 nm the Legacy must do it at M 0.74. The G350 can fly 3,200 nm at M 0.85. Thus, M 0.74 X 1.15 (15%)= M 0.851, the G350's High Speed Cruise . Try it yourself.

To simplify: Legacy - 3200 nm / 424.575 kts (M 0.74) = 7 hours 32.2 minutes
G350 - 3200 nm / 487.695 kts (M 0.85) = 6 hours 33.7 minutes
The difference is 58.5 minutes.

If you were going West the difference would be greater as the G350 would be above the winds at FL450.

Regards,

GV

Latest resources

Back