Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CatYaaak said:
JetBlast2000 said:
I don’t think I claimed it was the best ever… If you gotta get your cherry popped, it’s as good a plane as any.;)
QUOTE]

Indeed you didn't, and I suppose it is. Another good thing...as an A&P you won't be trying to tell us how an aircraft "never breaks" and that a short manufacturer's warranty is a reflection of this.

We all know that if you fly it, it will break. In terms of warranty length, it would be a stretch to say that Embraer does not stand behind their product or that the product is sub-standard based on the length of the warranty. On the flip side, I’ve talk to a few mechanics that have worked on the Legacy. They told me that the airline background of the a/c has made fixing it relatively fast and easy. With a CMC that tells you what’s broken, you can ‘swap’ units and do some good trouble shooting in a short timeframe. And if you’ve spend any time in the Hell Hole of a Lear 35 trying trouble shoot the DEECS with your entire body jammed in the tail (and try not to do any damage anything as you get out), or a Lear 60 where you have to pull out the APU just to do anything in back (like change the ships battery). I don’t know what the spares situation is, but I understand that it is very compatible with its’ airline version.

At any rate, I’m glad I’m up front now…!

JetBlast2000 said:
We all know that if you fly it, it will break. In terms of warranty length, it would be a stretch to say that Embraer does not stand behind their product or that the product is sub-standard based on the length of the warranty. On the flip side, I’ve talk to a few mechanics that have worked on the Legacy. They told me that the airline background of the a/c has made fixing it relatively fast and easy. With a CMC that tells you what’s broken, you can ‘swap’ units and do some good trouble shooting in a short timeframe.......I don’t know what the spares situation is, but I understand that it is very compatible with its’ airline version.

At any rate, I’m glad I’m up front now…!

This is exactly what I tell people about my beloved, airliner-derived Legacyski! And on the Yak you don't even need to twiddle around with a sissy, new-age CMC to tell you where there might be a problem...you just follow the breadcrumb-trails of fluids, parts, or smoke back to the source. And if you find the source to be something other than what is the norm and is actually broken, it's easily remedied with merely a hangar queen and a hammer. If, in the unlikely event THAT doesn't work, just keep another case of vodka lying around for the YakDrivers.

You're right about being up front though, because it's always better to be first at the scene of the crash.

"Yak puts the "fun" back in "funeral""

Last edited:
mmmdonut said:
stfu.... get back into the kitchen and leave the plane talk to men

Nothing like a good dose of misogyny to spice up a thread. What's the matter, pardner, couldn't get a date to the high school prom and never could quite bring yourself to forgive the girls for that injustice?

Muddy

Muddauber said:
Nothing like a good dose of misogyny to spice up a thread. What's the matter, pardner, couldn't get a date to the high school prom and never could quite bring yourself to forgive the girls for that injustice?

Muddy
MMMDonut won't be answering you, he seems to be "permanently disposed of" at this time... ;)

Tina Fey's Scar said:
Can someone please explain the OF DEATH part of WSCoD to me? I can't think of any Legacy or ERJ-135/145 that has killed someone. I do recall a Gulfstream that crashed at HOU last year though.

Thank-you for bringing this back to front of corporate. After 19 pages we need to discuss this some more.

I thought this thread had been hijacked to discuss the virtues of the Worker's Airplane, Yak 40. The Legacy is an obvious inferior copy of that workhorse of the Steppe. Not since the Sturmovik has there been such a plane. Wasn't Brazil where all of the enemies of the Fatherland went to hide after the Great Patriotic War? Is this not their work, and is it not to the detriment of the Revolution that we continue discussing it?

FlyFlyFly said:
I thought this thread had been hijacked to discuss the virtues of the Worker's Airplane, Yak 40. The Legacy is an obvious inferior copy of that workhorse of the Steppe. Not since the Sturmovik has there been such a plane. Wasn't Brazil where all of the enemies of the Fatherland went to hide after the Great Patriotic War? Is this not their work, and is it not to the detriment of the Revolution that we continue discussing it?

Well said, Comrade. Indeed, this pathetic attempt to copy the mighty Yak is plainly the work of those treacherous enemies of the Motherland and undoubtedly joined by the now-grown sonnenkinder they've spawned while hiding like vermin in the jungle after being mightily crushed by the Heros of the victorious Red Army.

CatYaaak said:
Well said, Comrade. Indeed, this pathetic attempt to copy the mighty Yak is plainly the work of those treacherous enemies of the Motherland and undoubtedly joined by the now-grown sonnenkinder they've spawned while hiding like vermin in the jungle after being mightily crushed by the Heros of the victorious Red Army.

i know where you got that one from...

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0077269/plotsummary

Latest resources

Back