Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fokkerjet said:
I'm sure GVFlyer can give us the real story on this, but I'll bet to re-certify the airplane to 410 would require much more work than it's worth; maybe a total rerun of some major tests on design, systems and structure, I'm sure it's not something easy as just a "paperwork change". That's probably the reason why Gulfstream didn't increase the maximum certified altitude of the G350/G450, IMHO! One question for you GV', why did you guys lower the gross weight of the G450?

BTW, on my flight to and from Phoenix, the rides were light to moderate all the way between Chicago to Pueblo below 410........all ther corporate guys were 410 and above in smooth air:D It's nice to have that option to climb out of the turbulence and not "ride it out" for 3 hours!

The Legacy will be FL410 capable next month. It was already re-certified for it.

Falcon Capt said:
Supposedly with the "New Software Upgrade" the WSofD will be able to attain FL410 vs. of FL390 or something of the sort...

You guys have NO credibility whatsoever. You can't even get the simplest facts about the airplane right but you lecture everyone about how inferior it is.

The Legacy (IV) will be FL410 capable. All new Legacy aircraft built after I believe S/N 900 will be FL410 capable from the factory. EXISTING Legacy aircraft require a software upgrade for the pressurization controller and a new outflow valve in the tail to meet this new standard.

It is a done deal. We are just waiting for the mod kit.

fokkerjet said:
I flew out to Phoenix yesterday in my little Falcon and spotted a WSofD parked next to a GV on Cutter's ramp; it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which one was the better ride........the Falcon of course:D

I think those Legacy jets there are not on Cutter's ramp. They are on Swift's ramp. Swift is the distributor of the jet, not Cutter.

Crizz said:
I was just razzin ya man...

This whole thread is trivial and ridiculous.

Sorry about that. This thread has lost any ounce of humor it may have had, but I did realize you were kidding. I wasn't. It is hideous!

:)

I thought this was just a good informative discussion, but anyone who supports the Legacy gets personally attacked. So much for adulthood around here...

All I know is, there are about 75 Legacy jets worldwide and not ONE is up for sale. (Insert Falcon Captain Smart Arse Comment Here.) This is in reality because the people who have them like them. It's nice to have an airplane that isn't in MX all the time.

The Legacy jets aren't the fastest, highest, or longest-ranged. But they offer a very good product for a very good price. A lot of people think it is a good deal and I see a great future for the Legacy if Embraer stands behind it.

Rumor has it a 4,200 NM version is in the works... Wouldn't be hard to do.

Last edited:
The software upgrade for the higher certified altitude... is that like chipping the ECU of a car? Can you do it in your garage or do you have to take it somewhere? Does the chip fix the problems with the pressure vessel that originally kept them from certifying for a higher altitude?

With the extended range mod that means you can break down further from home? Far enough away so that there is absolutely no support for the airplane?

Please let me know. I can't wait to fill in all these Gulfstream and Falcon operators on the incredibly stupid mistakes they have made...

LegacyIIDriver said:
Sorry about that. This thread has lost any ounce of humor it may have had.

No it hasn't. The WSCofD still cracks me up. It was so funny that I had to share it with my boss last time we were parked next to one in MKE. He thinks it hysterical as well. Every time we go by one he screams "WSCofD ... things could be worse!"

What makes it even better was some middle management guys were on the airplane and have spent many hours on EMB135 &145's. They confirmed as a passenger how noisy and uncomfortable this airframe is.

Go ahead ... correct me now I need a good laugh.

PS If someone wanted to pay me to fly one I would do so happily. Anytime you get paid (well) to fly it really does not matter what you fly.

here is two for sale!

Say you saw it on Controller.com!

YEAR MANUFACTURER MODELPRICE (US$) LOCATION EMBRAER LEGACY</FONT> </FONT>$21,495,000TX </FONT>S/N: 770, Rolls Royce AE 3007 A1E, 3250 NM (8 pax), NBAA reserves, ISA zero wind
clear.GIF
Corporate Concepts Int'l, Inc.
Phone: (281)359-8070
Details
Send a Message
Add To 'Aircraft Of Interest'
Updated: Mar 18 2005 4:40PM 2005 EMBRAER LEGACY</FONT> </FONT>CallTX </FONT>S/N: 802, Rolls Royce AE 3007 A1E, Certification Basis, FAA Performance, 3250 NM (8pax) NBAA reserves, ISA, zero wind
clear.GIF
Corporate Concepts Int'l, Inc.
Phone: (281)359-8070
Details
Send a Message
Add To 'Aircraft Of Interest'
Updated: Feb 10 2005 1:54PM

Latest resources

Back