Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100driver said:
Hey, $hit can man,

Ha ha ha! I love that! I am going to adopt that nickname when the mods disable this account for disagreeing with them. :) I really like that. Maybe just S-Can-Man since the $hit would be vulgar. I love a man with a sense of humor!
G100driver said:
the G100 will ALWAYS do 410 and M80. Now obvioulsy it does not have the cabin of a WSCofD, but it never pretended to be a world class airplane. In reality, it is a piece of garbage.

That's what I was referring to. It has a worse rap than even the Legacy does.
G100driver said:
Best thing that happened to us was that airplane kept on stranding us. Forced the boss to get off the pot and purchase a new airplane. Also not much more $$ than a WSCofD, but the airplane is M.84 at FL430 every day cross country. The airplane also holds value as well. We are constantly receiving calls to purchase above the cost of our aquistion price.

But what is your TAS and fuel burn at .84 and 430? When I flew the ERJ we were much faster in the mid-20s to lower-30s than we were up higher and the fuel burn wasn't much worse. I think people should start comparing TAS and not indicated Mach #s around here. Some airplanes have Mach #s that don't mean squat unless you look it up in the tables and convert it or reference it to TAS. Then you say, "Oh, I'm not going as fast as I thought."

G100driver said:
Good luck at SWA (if you get hired). Rumor has it they are good place to work ;)

I would never get hired there (doubt I will ever even try) but thanks for the sentiment. They are certainly setting the world on fire. Their success is mind blowing to say the least.

Last edited:
ERJ-140 said:
I have read and re-read this post fifty times and it gets funnier and funnier. I still don't see the pointbut I'm trying.

Ignoring the factual errors inherent there....and stifling laughter...let's take this to its logical conclusion. It was substandard because people were afraid of it. Now however, it has sold nearly 1000 copies, making it an unqualified success by any measure. Therefore it clearly has become, through development, at worst "above standard".

Dim bulbs are fun to debate I must admit.

Note: Embraer has performance guarantees that must be met or penaalties will be paid and business lost. You don't dispatch with percentages in the high 90s and be "substandard".

Ok, I will bring one substandard component into the discussion. Let's talk about the radar or the lack there of for that matter.

The radar has been non-existent in this aircraft since it was made. I have been taken right into the middle of a Level 4 at night and it wasn't painting a thing. (And yes at over 7200 hours I know how to work a radar)

Talking to my buddies who still have to fly the WSCoD they still complain that the radar to this day SUCKS!

Furthermore, WSCoDdriver, why do you get such a woody for this stupid plastic lawn dart that you fly. I guarantee I have many more types and experience in high performance jets. Every single one of them has its strengths and weaknesses. Dont you agree that the WSCoD has some limitations and weaknesses? If you don't then you are delusional.

The dim bulb comment was a real low blow man. Your IP address has been discovered by the moderator as the same for all your aliases. To state that you are one taco short of a combination plate is an understatement.

Give it up dude while you are way way way behind. You have lost all credibility here and are a complete moron who is fascinated with a POS WSCoD.

Sleep well, I am sure you are tired flying from TEB to PHX last night.

Oh, and by the way, since you have such vast experience in other aircraft some people have asked you to answer a few basic questions about the B-737 and the Falcon 50.

Since I have experience in both I would like you to answer those questions now please.

Dangerkitty said:
Ok, I will bring one substandard component into the discussion. Let's talk about the radar or the lack there of for that matter.
The radar has been non-existent in this aircraft since it was made. I have been taken right into the middle of a Level 4 at night and it wasn't painting a thing. (And yes at over 7200 hours I know how to work a radar)
Talking to my buddies who still have to fly the WSCoD they still complain that the radar to this day SUCKS!
Furthermore, WSCoDdriver, why do you get such a woody for this stupid plastic lawn dart that you fly. I guarantee I have many more types and experience in high performance jets. Every single one of them has its strengths and weaknesses. Dont you agree that the WSCoD has some limitations and weaknesses? If you don't then you are delusional.
The dim bulb comment was a real low blow man.

Okay so maybe the dim bulb comment was a bit over the top and I retract the jibe. However, calling an airplane with an effectively perfect safety record a "lawn dart" has to be one of the dumbest things anyone can say. If it doesn't strain -your- credibility and objectivity then one has to question your intellect.

Yes, the airplane has weaknesses (all documented here - though some -clearly- exaggerated). Every airplane does. Overall, however, it's a good value.

As for the weather radar... I don't think you have a clue how to use it. I dodged thunderstorms in ERJs for four years without a problem. The number one thing I noticed about pilots was a lack of understanding how to properly use it. If you missed a Level 4 I would say your radar was inop. Would it be helpful to improve it some? Sure. But it's more than adequate if you know how to use it properly.

Again, try to take this in good cheer. It is not worth getting hostile! :)

ERJ-140 said:
Okay so maybe the dim bulb comment was a bit over the top and I retract the jibe. However, calling an airplane with an effectively perfect safety record a "lawn dart" has to be one of the dumbest things anyone can say. If it doesn't strain -your- credibility and objectivity then one has to question your intellect.

Yes, the airplane has weaknesses (all documented here - though some -clearly- exaggerated). Every airplane does. Overall, however, it's a good value.

As for the weather radar... I don't think you have a clue how to use it. I dodged thunderstorms in ERJs for four years without a problem. The number one thing I noticed about pilots was a lack of understanding how to properly use it. If you missed a Level 4 I would say your radar was inop. Would it be helpful to improve it some? Sure. But it's more than adequate if you know how to use it properly.

Again, try to take this in good cheer. It is not worth getting hostile! :)

I have been through numerous radar courses. Many at COEX, Bombardier, FlightSafety and by far the best radar course of my life at American Airlines.
To say I don't have a clue how to use radar is an insult and a cop out. You don't know me and you have never flown with me. Who are you to tell me what knowledge I have of radar.

The radar has been and continues to be an Achilles heel of the EMB RJ's. It is not EMB's fault near as much as Honeywell's but it is still a major problem with the aircraft. I know pilots that refuse to fly this aircraft with any sort of convective activity becuase the radar is very very limited. When I left COEX, Honeywell and Embraer were actively trying to get the Radar situation fixed. They both admitted it had/has major defiecinces. Instead of addressing the situation you just tell me I have no clue how to operate the radar.

Junior, I was operating the radar on the EMB-145 and EMB-135 from the left seat while you were sweating out your instrument ticket. Don't tell me what I do and do not know.

Furthermore, you have been asked numerous times very simple questions about the B-737 and Falcon 50. I suggest you answer them or admit you are a hard up Embraer Salesman who needs the commission to feed his family.

Answer the questions that have been asked you sir.

ERJ-140 said:
PM me your FLIGHT OPTIONS-domained email address and I'll send you the information I have.

Not gonna happen. You're just some schmuck on the internet that uses multiple screen names. Giving you my Options email address would immediately give away my identity. Many people here know who I am, but I don't make it public. Have fun with this charade.

ERJ-140 said:
There. Hope I waited the appropriate amount of time. They should have pulled into the ramp about now.

Also, again, Swift isn't selling Legacy jets, I am not employed there (please, in all seriousness, for the sake of the innocent folks who actually -do- work there, don't try to claim I am a Swift guy - I really am not), and I do not *yet* have a type in the Falcon (I will do that in November).

You guys are so funny tracking that plane! I was LMAO!!!

BS. You got on the ground and immediately came in the check the drivel that you had written.

And if you were watching this post you would have been identified as being online. If you don't understand the concept of IP addresses I am sure you are too stupid to know how to log out. While studying for a new type and PM'ing Falcon Captain I monitored this thread. You were never on-line while the plane was in flight.

Oh yeah, and please again answer some questions about the B-737 and Falcon 50 that have been asked of you many times. You are starting to cop out on the Falcon. So now its been established that you aren't typed in the Falcon built will be in November. Is that what you are going to state about the B-737 as well?

Plus, where are you going to Falcon 50 Training. Lets see if you can get that question right.

ERJ-140 said:
I would never get hired there (doubt I will ever even try) but thanks for the sentiment. They are certainly setting the world on fire. Their success is mind blowing to say the least.

You might get hired there. Afterall, last time I was in Burbank they were boarding by an airstair instead of a jetway.:eek: :eek:

ERJ-140 said:
But what is your TAS and fuel burn at .84 and 430? When I flew the ERJ we were much faster in the mid-20s to lower-30s than we were up higher and the fuel burn wasn't much worse. I think people should start comparing TAS and not indicated Mach #s around here. Some airplanes have Mach #s that don't mean squat unless you look it up in the tables and convert it or reference it to TAS. Then you say, "Oh, I'm not going as fast as I thought."
Then why didn't you just do the TEB-PHX run at FL280, if you wanted to go fast? Face it while everyone else does NYC-PHX at FL430-FL470 and .82M or better, you're stuck going around buildups, and through the buildups that your radar apparently doesn't see at .74M.

BTW, looks like you did a MX flight this morning, I thought WSCoD don't break?

Latest resources

Back