Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
BS,
Most of the components on the Embraer are substandard because when the EMB-145 was being built no one wanted or was too scared to do business with them. Hence they got components that are substandard. These are the same components that are on the EMB-135, EMB-140, Legacy and every other WSCoD out there.

I have read and re-read this post fifty times and it gets funnier and funnier. I still don't see the pointbut I'm trying.

Ignoring the factual errors inherent there....and stifling laughter...let's take this to its logical conclusion. It was substandard because people were afraid of it. Now however, it has sold nearly 1000 copies, making it an unqualified success by any measure. Therefore it clearly has become, through development, at worst "above standard".

Dim bulbs are fun to debate I must admit.

Note: Embraer has performance guarantees that must be met or penaalties will be paid and business lost. You don't dispatch with percentages in the high 90s and be "substandard".

There. Hope I waited the appropriate amount of time. They should have pulled into the ramp about now.

Also, again, Swift isn't selling Legacy jets, I am not employed there (please, in all seriousness, for the sake of the innocent folks who actually -do- work there, don't try to claim I am a Swift guy - I really am not), and I do not *yet* have a type in the Falcon (I will do that in November).

You guys are so funny tracking that plane! I was LMAO!!!

Last edited:
This too funny! :)

You know the odds of that being who you think it is are incredibly small. But funny.

Am I the only person here thinking of the myriad reasons why someone might go SLOWER than MMO?? (Save gas, turbulence penetration, ATC assigned, tailwind, better ride in chop....ad infinitum.)

ERJ-140 said:
Am I the only person here thinking of the myriad reasons why someone might go SLOWER than MMO?? (Save gas, turbulence penetration, ATC assigned, tailwind, better ride in chop....ad infinitum.)
Hell, that's why most of us simply go higher.

"turbulence penetration"? Sorry but the original comparison made in this thread was the WSCoD to the G-units. Turbulence penetration speed is M.80.

That's right. G's have to SLOW DOWN to M.80 in turbulence.

FalconCapt--"I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN..." LMAO!.

"$hit Can Man". That needs to be someone's new screen name. You guys are a hoot! That's why I'd rather be here than watching re-runs of "Raymond". ;) TC

Hey don't ask me I wasn't flying it and dunno what turb speed is for Legacy. But let's be real for a second here. The plane goes 3200 NM. TEB-PHX is only what, 2100ish? The 145XR will go that far at .78 with far less fuel so that's a total non-argument. (M 0.80 Range = 3100 NM with 8 Pax and NBAA IFR reserves at FL390.)

(FC wasn't referring to my IP addy but to the email addy I registered with. Belongs to one of my girlfriends who now flies for SWA. I didn't feel like going to msn or whatever to get one. I am not in TEB and haven't been for quite some time.)

Last edited:
501261 a.k.a. 90210 said:
Hell, that's why most of us simply go higher.

Going higher is not one of the Legacy's strong suits, btw, I admit. You would limited to 410 (390 on pre-mod airplanes) so you would have to go around it. But sometimes only a Citation X and the like can get above it. When you think about it that's a RARE circumstance.

Last edited:
Falcon Capt said:
Mach 0.76 at FL380 sounds about EXACTLY like what the Manufacture claims...

So much for his FL400 doing Mach 0.80... NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Manufacturer claims (at FL390 though capable of FL410) 3100NM with 8 Pax and NBAA Reserves at Mach 0.80, FAR more than enough to go KTEB-KPHX.

You are not very smart are you, FC?

Still waiting for you to magically show the manufacturer claiming I'm wrong here. Embraer.com has the info. Are you too afraid to look it up?

Also, you should note in the press release that the FL410 airplanes are only just now coming off the production line, so there is a reason that airplane wasn't at FL400 - it can't go there (yet?).

Last edited:
FracCapt said:
Because I think you're full of sh!t.

You are entitled to think what you wish. It's not hard to prove one's story with photographs. I took a cool shot of the two tails side by side. :) (The Options tail # is N912 _ _ FWIW. You can see the little Vegas Pyramid in the background.)
I'm a Captain at Flight Options. Have been for many years. I probably only know half of the Legacy Captains, but I can verify the other names via our seniority list....or, I could just lookup their email address via my company Blackberry.

PM me your FLIGHT OPTIONS-domained email address and I'll send you the information I have.

Last edited:
2000flyer said:
ERJ-140 et al,

I have never seen someone who likes to get called to the carpet on nearly every post. And to think that an identity change will somehow increase ones credibility is laughable. It's like the little kid that gets beat up daily but goes back the next day for more.

Man, you love the WSCoD. More power to you. I love my teeth but that doesn't mean I enjoy going to the dentist!

In the abuse department, you're what we call a SURE BET!!! :p

Do you honestly think I give a hoot about what these clowns think of my credibility? Please. It's clearly a biased audience. One has to go into it with that in mind. Besides, this is all in fun and if anyone is taking this too seriously they have serious personal issues!

In the meantime...I'm running my own business and enjoying the laughs for what they are. I'll be lucky to be alive in five years (cancer can do that to you) much less in aviation, and if everything goes according to plan maybe one of these Legacy-hating wankers will be coming to me for a job flying my brand new Global Express (or worse, still, my Legacy Universal Express - oh the horror!). :) Flying is a hobby. It should always be a hobby and when it becomes a career you're destined to be miserable.

On the other hand, I think it is more hilarious to get fifty people riled up all by myself! The amount of energy and time I am wasting on this is miniscule compared to the Legacy Basher Gang! :) The amount of time you guys spend on conspiracy theories! Ha ha ha!

This is the most fun a person can have sober, I swear! :)

Thanks! You've been a great audience! I'll be here all week! :)

*bows*

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back