Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
800th post

800 complete wastes of time. Though it has been enjoyable.

Looks like ERJ-140 is cruising along over Indianapolis right now. I'm surprised he's doing 428kts over the ground, I didn't think WSCoD were that fast, must be at least .75M:rolleyes: , though he's at FL380. I guess he's doesn't have the FL410 chip:) .

If you want to waste more time go to http://www.flytecomm.com/cgi-bin/trackflight or any other flight tracker and enter PHX as arrival airport and TEB as departure.

Let's cheer our boy on as he races across the US in his chariot!:rolleyes: Kind of makes me want to go out there and buy him a beer as he crosses the finish line, for entertaining us all these months in a way that would make Baghdad Bob proud.

He's halfway across with 2.5 hrs left...but think on the bright side, if you read the groundspeed in MPH it looks a LOT faster...

Last edited:
O-Line said:
800 complete wastes of time. Though it has been enjoyable.

Looks like ERJ-140 is cruising along over Indianapolis right now. I'm surprised he's doing 428kts over the ground, I didn't think WSCoD were that fast, must be at least .75M:rolleyes: , though he's at FL380. I guess he's doesn't have the FL410 chip:) .

If you want to waste more time go to http://www.flytecomm.com/cgi-bin/trackflight or any other flight tracker and enter PHX as arrival airport and TEB as departure.
SwiftAir Flight 730, looks like it's last flight was KLAS-KTEB and now it is going KTEB-KPHX... This co-incides with our little posting buddy...

FL380... Geez, I thought he said the WSCofD was a Stellar Performer! What's he doing so low??? Looks like he is flying about Mach 0.76 at FL380 according to the flight plan I ran using current winds and looking at the location he is at and comparing groundspeeds (Mach 0.80 at his current location using current temp/altitude/winds should yield a Groundspeed of 452 kts today, his current 428 kts ground speed equates to Mach 0.76 TAS under the current conditions)... Mach 0.76 at FL380 sounds about EXACTLY like what the Manufacture claims... So much for his FL400 doing Mach 0.80... NOT EVEN CLOSE! And with only 2 hours left in the flight he should be plenty light if the WSCofD really was capable of FL400 and Mach 0.80 (which we can easily see it is not)

At least last night on my short trip home from the East coast I was at FL430!!!

I KNEW he worked for Swift, they are about the only one's flying and trying to sell the WSCofD!!!

I wonder if he has to rock back and forth in his seat saying "I THINK I can, I THINK I can" to get the WSCofD above FL350???

Last edited:
Falcon Capt said:
I wonder if he has to rock back and forth in his seat saying "I THINK I can, I THINK I can" to get the WSCofD above FL350???

Actually I've heard it works better to run up and down the cabin flapping your arms and making 'vroom' noises...

jknight8907 said:
Actually I've heard it works better to run up and down the cabin flapping your arms and making 'vroom' noises...
OH, I thought he did THAT during take-off as he is sucking up nearly 6,000 ft of runway!!!

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin', Keep that WSC Rollin'!

Ut Oh, it looks like WSCofDdriver has slowed the "Mighty Whistler", back to Mach 0.74 (at FL380), perhaps to make it without a fuel stop??? His ground speed is back to 411 kts, (Mach 0.80 would be about 447 kts ground speed at his current location considering winds & temp)...

ERJ-140 said:
Well I sure won't get those numbers out of a G100. You're lucky those APUs you have for engines even start!

Hey, $hit can man, the G100 will ALWAYS do 410 and M80. Now obvioulsy it does not have the cabin of a WSCofD, but it never pretended to be a world class airplane. In reality, it is a piece of garbage. Best thing that happened to us was that airplane kept on stranding us. Forced the boss to get off the pot and purchase a new airplane. Also not much more $$ than a WSCofD, but the airplane is M.84 at FL430 every day cross country. The airplane also holds value as well. We are constantly receiving calls to purchase above the cost of our aquistion price.

Good luck at SWA (if you get hired). Rumor has it they are good place to work ;)

Last edited:
LegacyIIDriver said:
Any way....... The airplane will do .74M range numbers at .796M. Do it all the time, personally. If you look at it, even the PUBLISHED numbers between .80 range and .74 are a wopping 100-150NM. That's just not that much. Going back and forth across the CONUS we are always doing .795M so quit acting like everyone is running around at 0.74M.
45 minutes left, still at FL380, 394kts across the ground with the winds today I'd say he's doing .74M.

ERJ-140 said:
Besides, why should I give you information on who was there? If you want it that badly (dunno why you care), you PM me who *you* are and work for and we'll talk about determining who was where.

Because I think you're full of sh!t.

If you work for the same company as either airplane (you should know right?) Then I will divulge info.
Not before.

I'm a Captain at Flight Options. Have been for many years. I probably only know half of the Legacy Captains, but I can verify the other names via our seniority list....or, I could just lookup their email address via my company Blackberry.

Latest resources

Back