• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Legacy Bashfest - Bring it on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An ERJ pilot coined the term "WSCoD". That gives it legitimacy. That and the fact that IT IS! HAHAHAHAH!!!!! :D :D :D :D . Um, sorry, it was too easy.TC

P.S.--Seriously, how many Legacies are on order. What's the backlog? Thanks in advance.

Brett Hull said:
Whistiling $#!t Can of Death. It's a ERJ-135 with some leather seats and a sweet pressurization software upgrade....gosh!!! :D

Check your PM's, btw.

Ha ha. I have 1500 hours in the EMB-145. I agree. It's a POS

AA717driver said:
An ERJ pilot coined the term "WSCoD". That gives it legitimacy. That and the fact that IT IS! HAHAHAHAH!!!!! :D :D :D :D . Um, sorry, it was too easy.TC

P.S.--Seriously, how many Legacies are on order. What's the backlog? Thanks in advance.

Swift has something like 37 still on order and they are the primary customer/supplier. Embraer has some others on the side as well. I imagine the backlog is around 55 airplanes right now. At the current rate of production (about 15/year) that's more than three years worth. Granted, it's not Gulfstream-size production, but it's healthy enough.

If Embraer succeeds in their plan to have a "family" of business jets with different sizes, ranges, and prices, I think they'll be around for awhile.

There are about 75 in the world now. That will be about 85 by year end... It's doing fine. For minimal investment Embraer has sold nearly $2B worth of airplanes. That's not bad at all.

This is pure speculation, but I imagine when the ERJ order book is filled the Legacy will ramp up in deliveries...

Last edited:
Kidding aside, the more large-cabin bizjets there are out there, the more high quality jobs there are. That's good for us.TC

LegacyIIDriver said:
CatYaaak said:
There are plenty of fractional G-Strings and Falcons out there. If they aren't turning the plane, why are the crews walking around getting fuel, loading bags, filing flight plans, etc.? If they're drinking then they aren't long for the world in this job.

Any more comments you care to misquote/mischaracterize, Mr. Smart Guy?

Oh, so now I suppose your telling us it's not okay to drink and fly? You're obviously not familiar with the glorious Yak community, where "Stoli Courage - Onboard" is part of everyone's cockpit preflight checklist. You are weaker than your American puppetmasters with their silly Gulfstreams that even our Red Army women could dent with their fists.

You probably couldn't have handled the Stalingrad winter of '44 either just like the fathers of the Nazi-spawn engineers who built your inferior Contraption of the Jungle after they skulked into hiding in Brazil, but that's no suprise when even small burps from Chernobyl send you Western capitalist Reagandogs scurrying for cover.

No doubt they allowed you to land at Moscow so we could reverse-engineer what not to build.

LegacyIIDriver said:
Swift has something like 37 still on order and they are the primary customer/supplier. Embraer has some others on the side as well. I imagine the backlog is around 55 airplanes right now. At the current rate of production (about 15/year) that's more than three years worth. Granted, it's not Gulfstream-size production, but it's healthy enough.
Now wait a minute! First off you tell us that Legacy's are sold out till the end of the year, now you are telling us they have a 3 year backlog??? WOW! Embraer sold a LOT of planes in the last 12 or so hours!!!

Falcon Capt said:
Now wait a minute! First off you tell us that Legacy's are sold out till the end of the year, now you are telling us they have a 3 year backlog??? WOW! Embraer sold a LOT of planes in the last 12 or so hours!!!

You are just not getting it are you?

Swift has locked up 37. The remainder are orders that Embraer has filled on the side. Apparently Embraer has the right to sell airplanes, too. I just talked to their reps last month and the word I was given was all Embraer-Sales-related deliveries for this year (15) are gone. If you still want one beyond that you have to get it from Swift.

Last edited:
We have heard about the "options" and the "orders filled on the side"...

but really, WHO has BOUGHT one? - as in paid for it, completed it, and is flying it??.

:confused: .

Guess Im just not getting it either..

Latest resources

Back