• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyork25
I started on it when I had 700 hours

Your gonna be sorry you shared that information on this board....

I was thinking the same thing.....

Don't worry, I didn't work for beans or know the owner or anything like that. I did some freelance right seat riding in our old king air and the boss liked me, I feel like i got my job by earning it, and not by cuting out any high time guys by working for substandard wages. I guess it doesn't matter what your time is if the owner likes you. Anyway, I think that it is great to get my teeth cut on the 24, what a great airplane and I feel very fortunate to have had this opportunity.

Cy45,
Don't worry about it. I'm sure you were the most qualified for the job at the time. Best of luck in your career.

LR 25B w\Dee Howard Mark II Wing
Out of HOU one night empty
10K fpm through 30,000 holding 250 kts

But the 24D was more all around fun

Hi!

I saw something like this at the GFK AFB. It was a KC-135R. The R models have the high-bypass CFM-56 engines, like on the newer -737s and the small Airbuses.

On the KC-135R, if you were light weight, you could take off with a GTOW of only about 115K (MGTOW was about 340K). You had about 90K lbs. of thrust with the CFM-56s.

This guy was doing an airshow at GFK. He was very light, and flew a high-speed pass down low. At midfield, he pulled it up into about a 75 degree pitch angle. He held that angle until he leveled off at 15,000'! Psycho!

Cliff
ABY

Doug Parker said:

An F-14 did the vertical climb thru a low overcast followed by a vertical descent into the terrain some years back - I think it was in Tennessee.

No LrJet can climb anything like any of the F-teen series......I don't care how lightly you are loaded. ( must've just been Mil-pwr departures )

It was BNA, the kid was showing his parents a max performance takeoff. Seems like I remember 800 overcast. Anyway, his family watched the entire event unfold. Took his WSO with him, sad, very sad. There are reasons for rules. Don't be the guy who gets a rule written for himself.

Alchemy said:
Of course, I've done 7500 fpm in a WSCoD with only 2 people in the back.

We were doing a repo flight in a 145ER from TYS to JAX about 0200 one morning, and on departure, ATL center gave us an unrestricted climb to FL330. The VSI's went all dashes, and the mode "C" couldn't keep up with the climb rate. Two pilots, three mechs, about 200 lbs of tools, and 8000 lbs of gas.

FL350 said:
I have made it to FL400 in less than 10 minutes in the 60. If you do the math, thats more than 4000 fpm average. We weren't MGTOW but we weren't all that light either. That airplane is really something else.

All this talk about the 60 is getting me excited we are getting a 60 next month going to school for it in Feb sounds like a hell of an airplane

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back