• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest PNCL email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When its all said and done, I think this place is going to look a lot like pre merger mesaba but with lower pay/benefits and no saabs. I think any new 76 seaters will be offered to other carriers with large 50 seat fleets for Delta to reduce them. I think these were a series of brilliant moves by Delta. Completely heartless and totally brutal. I believe the plan is already laid out and there is almost nothing we can do to change it at this point. We need to hold on to whatever we can and pucker up because the pain train is on the way.

I agree that this is all planned out. I think we will have all 900's in the end, but more than what Mesaba brought to the merger. They will 2 or 3 for 1 swap for us. That being said, attrition is so high now (imagine after the pay cut) that they may need to furlough, but if you ride it out, things may turn around quick. About 4% of the pilot group has quit in the past 3 weeks and that is without the legacies hiring. The end of the world needs to be shown to the bankruptcy judge and labor unions until management gets what they want. Once they get that, things can turn around quick. I went from furloughed to captain in 6 months after last bankruptcy. Granted it was a bit different, but I see a lot of similarities as well. Mainly attrition.

I know about 2009.I want to see the one you said two years after the amendable date.You must be one of the UNION cronies. Grow some first.

Look at the date on the linked letter dingbat.

Look at the date on the linked letter dingbat.

Namecalling isn't what I'd expect from DoinTime. Usually he's composed.

1.3XVso has a point. 2 years after the amendable date is what he's asking for, and that would have been May 2007. There was no release request then. It seems the first was Jan 2008, almost 3 years later.

What dointime doesn't know is that the opportunity was presented to be release and his train buddy's from the UPPER MEC never took it. When they did request it was already to late. And this was told by other MEC from a different ALPA carrier who witness this. Dointime is still enjoying his filet minion on your dues and national meetings at disney with his family.

Most of them are full of their "don't worry guys, we've been through this before" attitude, and have no idea what they are now dealing with Delta/9E and the lengths they will go to in order to screw over their regional lift.

And what makes them DELTA/9E. Is it Richard Anderson at Delta? Nope he's really NWA.

Oh I know, John Spanjers at 9E, oh wait he was Mesaba.

It must be the DO. Joe, Dang he was Mesaba too

Wait, Wait I know, The union leadership at 9E! Opps thats Tom Whycor he's Mesaba too.

So please explain to the rest us how you have come up with we are now Dealing with the evil Delta and Pinnacle. Sounds like a rerun of Northwest and Mesaba

I know about 2009.I want to see the one you said two years after the amendable date.You must be one of the UNION cronies. Grow some first.

You may want to check the definition of CRONYISM.

"I do not think it means what you think it means."

And what makes them DELTA/9E. Is it Richard Anderson at Delta? Nope he's really NWA.

Oh I know, John Spanjers at 9E, oh wait he was Mesaba.

It must be the DO. Joe, Dang he was Mesaba too

Wait, Wait I know, The union leadership at 9E! Opps thats Tom Whycor he's Mesaba too.

So please explain to the rest us how you have come up with we are now Dealing with the evil Delta and Pinnacle. Sounds like a rerun of Northwest and Mesaba

Spanjers is a yes-man and Richard Anderson doesn't care or deal with the minutiae of DL Conx. The president of DL Conx on the otherhand, is a 16-year Delta veteran who was previously president of Comair after the strike.

So how is it that Compass will be cheaper going forward? Almost all of their pilots will flow to Delta in fairly short order wich causes many training events and lack of pilots. The 175 is not as effecient as the 900 either so that operation has higher fuel costs which impacts Delta. They could give them 900s but the training costs and lack of pilots would be a probelm.

So is this what 9E is going to go to bankrupcy court with? "Delta verbally told us in a double secret meeting that 9E costs are higher than gojets". Until a future contract is awarded no one can speculate what Delta will do.
But right now the company is asking us o work for less of a Contract than when we were going down to 49 Saabs and that does not add up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back