• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest PNCL email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly. So either take paycuts to be at the same level as GoJets and Compass or get ready to be the next Comair, with just 41 CRJ-900s and maybe 10 or 15 CRJ-200s. Regionals were never to be career stops, so I'm not sure why many didn't try to leave. I understand mid life career changers, but plenty of other guys who are still young yet don't want to leave Pinnacle and Mesaba.

The union should have asked to be release 4 years into negotiations with the company. Instead they enjoyed the benifits and sleeping with the company.

Way back in my inbox, I got an email from the Union (dated January 7, 2008) saying that PCL ALPA requested to be released from the NMB mediated negotiations. That was 2 years, 8 months and 7 days after the amendable date.

take a look at Pinnacles pay chart. the rates are not that different from others, except our capt rates seem to go out to what-20-25 years. Why not just stop longevity at 15 like everyone else? Its just an idea, but I think our senior serving union will use the premise of this idea and slash the FO longevity to 3 years and keep the captain rates to show a huge savings for the company. Yes, I am bitter. Thanks ALPA and your BLOCK binding arbitration. This company will self destruct by attrition before anything else.

Way back in my inbox, I got an email from the Union (dated January 7, 2008) saying that PCL ALPA requested to be released from the NMB mediated negotiations. That was 2 years, 8 months and 7 days after the amendable date.

Post it up and i'll stand corrected....

Post it up and i'll stand corrected....

Even Google knows when ALPA asked for a release in Pinnacle negotiations. Another release was asked for in October 2009 and was also rejected. For someone so outspoken you don't seem to do any of the homework needed to keep your feet out of your mouth.

Letter to NMB

What you are saying is exactly what management wants you to think. It always gets worse before our contract is figured out, and then it will magically get better. That being said, the Delta guys should certainly read it before they vote on their TA. It says word for word why they need to vote no to anything that increases the number of larger RJ's for regionals. Take back the flying like has been boasted over the past five years.

When its all said and done, I think this place is going to look a lot like pre merger mesaba but with lower pay/benefits and no saabs. I think any new 76 seaters will be offered to other carriers with large 50 seat fleets for Delta to reduce them. I think these were a series of brilliant moves by Delta. Completely heartless and totally brutal. I believe the plan is already laid out and there is almost nothing we can do to change it at this point. We need to hold on to whatever we can and pucker up because the pain train is on the way.

Last edited:
Lets face it, they are. Both started around 2005 (give or take), so their most senior Captain is only year 6 or 7. At Pinnacle Corp, year 6 you are barely able to hold on to a -900 Captain seat. Most of the -900 pilots have 10+ years service, and a majority are in the six figure range.

Hey junior pilots - NOW might be a good time to question why you have an 18 year pay scale!

There is a finite amount of cash for pilot expenses - reallocating the pay at the top can do more to protect the pay of the majority, and the work rules and benefits of all.

Even Google knows when ALPA asked for a release in Pinnacle negotiations. Another release was asked for in October 2009 and was also rejected. For someone so outspoken you don't seem to do any of the homework needed to keep your feet out of your mouth.

Letter to NMB

I know about 2009.I want to see the one you said two years after the amendable date.You must be one of the UNION cronies. Grow some first.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back