• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest PNCL email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is funny. People don't even remember why they are supposed to dislike Gojets. Hint: it has nothing to do with cost.

I know exactly what happened at Gojet. I worked at Trans States in customer service for a while and know several of the individuals involved in the whole mess. Most of them have gone from Gojet. I can also remember when people were told not to go to Comair, Expressjet, Express I (Pinnacle), ASA, and Skywest because they were all pay for training and they would never get hired at a mainline because they were an embarassment and had "sold out" and paid for their jobs. Fast forward ten years....any of these guys that wanted to were hired by mainline when they had the qualifications. Same thing for anybody that goes to Gojet right now. They'll go somewhere else as soon as they get the time. To the mainline guys all of these regional airlines are the same. They all regard regionals as outsourced jobs stolen from mainline. The particulars dont matter and mainline guys could care less unless you cross a picket line and get on the scab list. Hulas is an jerk and an SOB. So is Ornstein, Bedford, Uncle Phil.....yadda yadda yadda. They're all basically the same. When you go to work for them you better expect the butt reaming. It is what it is. If you don't like it get an accounting degree and get the hell out. If enough decide to do this maybe it will change, but I doubt it because there is a sucker born every minute.

10 years from now when the Gojet guys get a decent contract and their costs go up, I'm sure they'll be griping about somebody else being a scab operation and stealing flying. It all goes round and round.......

I know exactly what happened at Gojet. I worked at Trans States in customer service for a while and know several of the individuals involved in the whole mess. Most of them have gone from Gojet. I can also remember when people were told not to go to Comair, Expressjet, Express I (Pinnacle), ASA, and Skywest because they were all pay for training and they would never get hired at a mainline because they were an embarassment and had "sold out" and paid for their jobs. Fast forward ten years....any of these guys that wanted to were hired by mainline when they had the qualifications. Same thing for anybody that goes to Gojet right now. They'll go somewhere else as soon as they get the time. To the mainline guys all of these regional airlines are the same. They all regard regionals as outsourced jobs stolen from mainline. The particulars dont matter and mainline guys could care less unless you cross a picket line and get on the scab list. Hulas is an jerk and an SOB. So is Ornstein, Bedford, Uncle Phil.....yadda yadda yadda. They're all basically the same. When you go to work for them you better expect the butt reaming. It is what it is. If you don't like it get an accounting degree and get the hell out. If enough decide to do this maybe it will change, but I doubt it because there is a sucker born every minute.

10 years from now when the Gojet guys get a decent contract and their costs go up, I'm sure they'll be griping about somebody else being a scab operation and stealing flying. It all goes round and round.......

Your memory is faulty! SkyWest was never pay for training...

Indy,

The difference between Gojet and the rest of those airlines you listed is that Gojet was created by a company that already owned a regional airline in order to bust up contract negotiations. I am not saying mainline will look at them any different, but there is a big difference between the others listed and Gojet. Do you think there would be a difference if Delta created Delta 2 (with seperate list) and another airline like jetBlue starting?

Indy,

The difference between Gojet and the rest of those airlines you listed is that Gojet was created by a company that already owned a regional airline in order to bust up contract negotiations. I am not saying mainline will look at them any different, but there is a big difference between the others listed and Gojet. Do you think there would be a difference if Delta created Delta 2 (with seperate list) and another airline like jetBlue starting?

Mainline carriers tried that in the 80s, it was called a B scale. Regional airlines were created because mainline failed to get a B scale and to bust up mainline contracts. If you don't like what happened at Gojet, and Goget guys are scabs, etc and nobody should work there, then all regional pilots are scabs and you shouldn't work at any regional because they were created to take flying from mainline pilots that mainline could not negotiate B scales for. Mainline pilots understand this which is why you don't see them getting into these silly battles over which regional carrier is taking flying from the other regional carrier. Its all outsourced flying that should be at mainline.

The creation of Gojet as a regional is just like any other. The only difference here is they were created because of contract issues at a regional, not a mainline carrier. I can understand why some at Trans States have personal issues with some of the guys that sold out to go to Gojet. But most of the people there never worked for TSA and many are furloughed from other carriers.

Before you start slinging mud, you better check the history of your own company first and understand where the flying came from.

Last edited:
Your memory is faulty! SkyWest was never pay for training...

Sorry. As I remembered the only non PFT airlines were Mesaba and Trans States.

and during that time, Mesaba could post a higher qualification and experience requirement for its pilots. But Mesaba is gone-Thanks Delta-years of good service, safety and for some, a place to stay an entire career. I am not one, nor have i ever wanted to stay a career at XJ. I am just stating the facts.

and during that time, Mesaba could post a higher qualification and experience requirement for its pilots. But Mesaba is gone-Thanks Delta-years of good service, safety and for some, a place to stay an entire career. I am not one, nor have i ever wanted to stay a career at XJ. I am just stating the facts.

I still remember the uproar over the 6 UND guys hired in '97 with 300 hours and a Northwest seniorty number......that was fun...did any of those guys survive IOE?

Mainline carriers tried that in the 80s, it was called a B scale. Regional airlines were created because mainline failed to get a B scale and to bust up mainline contracts. If you don't like what happened at Gojet, and Goget guys are scabs, etc and nobody should work there, then all regional pilots are scabs and you shouldn't work at any regional because they were created to take flying from mainline pilots that mainline could not negotiate B scales for. Mainline pilots understand this which is why you don't see them getting into these silly battles over which regional carrier is taking flying from the other regional carrier. Its all outsourced flying that should be at mainline.

The creation of Gojet as a regional is just like any other. The only difference here is they were created because of contract issues at a regional, not a mainline carrier. I can understand why some at Trans States have personal issues with some of the guys that sold out to go to Gojet. But most of the people there never worked for TSA and many are furloughed from other carriers.

Before you start slinging mud, you better check the history of your own company first and understand where the flying came from.

How is this even the same. If I'm not mistaken, mainline had the oppertunity to fly smaller jets and declined. They just didn't think there would be that many of them. Go jets was created for other reasons.

Latest resources

Back