• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Guppy-Puppy, have you and your wife made your decision. What day do you have to let UAL know? Good Luck! I don't envy your decision:)

Last edited:
What did you do?

This was, hands down, the most difficult decision I've had to make in my professional career.

After weeks of pondering and "what ifs" my wife and I decided that for now it would be best for us that I stay at JB. While I know that this was the right decision for us at this time, I am incredibly sad that I no longer have the option of returning to United. I have reluctantly resigned from United.

United was my dream job. I can remember the day and where I was when I found out that I was hired. It is something that I had been pursuing since I was in grade school. I did whatever I had to do to get the experience in order to be hired by United and worked my way up through CFI/bush pilot/tour pilot/regionals/cargo. I paid for all of my flight training out of my own pocket. I can remember looking on the floor of my car for spare change so I could eat a 39-cent taco at Taco Bell. If any of you have seen "The Pursuit of Happiness" with Will Smith, you know how I felt when I got hired at United. I had finally made it.

I would have liked to return to United at some point in the future, but due to family considerations I couldn't take the cut in pay and QOL at this time. And, I don't have the military leave option. Just the luck of the draw, I guess.

Good luck to all of you.

GP....guess I need to change my screen name. Loved flying the guppy.

GuppyPuppy--tough choice. I'm sure you're glad the decision is over.

Does anyone know if trainees are having to pay for their own hotel in DEN (I know I did as a newhire). I have a place I'd like to rent out in DEN...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back