Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Latest UAL seniority numbers

The 8 ball moved up from 8655 to 7995, 660 numbers.
I moved up from 8004 to 7570, 434 numbers.
I estimate that retirements over the last year were around 250.

The above numbers do not include all resignations; the new seniority list was 6 July and there were still some debating on whether or not to return. Also, there are a ton of leave of absenses, so we'll have to wait and see how many of those return.

Total recalls are 1452 (including leave of absence) out of 2172 furloughed. So that means that 720 haven't returned; almost exactly 1/3. I estimate that 300 resignations weren't captured in this year's seniority numbers; we'll be able to tell when next year's seniority list is out.

Great use of internet

Great job on providing important info.
This thread deserves to be at the top of the majors forum like they used to have SW and Fedex poolie info.
When i read all the my airline is better than yours stuff on the majors forum and know that there is much better stuff here it makes me wonder why the list owner does not put this out front.

Just wondering if anybody has found out if the poolies from 2000 have any chance of get on at United when the hiring starts. I am trying to get ahold of someone at TK to get an answer but have not had any luck.

FWIW,

This came out of the Council 11 (DCA) meeting minutes this month...

UAL Hires with Acceptance Letters
WHEREAS, the MEC/SSC has indicated that the Company wants to negotiate establishing new New Hire protocols/probationary pilot rules, and

WHEREAS, UAL Hires with acceptance letters of employment prior to 9/11 and just awaiting class dates to be awarded, essentially sitting in a "pool" and then being subsequently told that all future classes were cancelled, and,

WHEREAS, most of these pilots continued at their respective flying jobs, thus looking forward to the day when United would start hiring pilots again,

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Council 11 members directs its officers to pursue and pass a MEC resolution directing the Master Chairman to talk to the Company concerning locating and giving First Priority to pilots, that were UAL Hires with Acceptance Letters of Employment prior to 9/11, when UAL starts the pilot interviewing process

PASSED

I really hope the Company gives you '01 pool guys and gals the priority you deserve.

I was told during my recall class that UAL flushed the pool names from '01. They will have to start from scratch unfortunately.

Latest resources

Back