Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Puppy or Andy-

I was a 3/20/00 hire, but don't know my seniority number. Where would I fall on the list?

Just trying to get an idea when I have to $#!t or get off the pot.

GP

GP,
you're probably 100-130 numbers senior to me (I'm 8015---6/18/00 DOH), which would put you somewhere around a July/August recall class (assuming 2 classes per month. But, too many unknowns to be more accurate. The 14 day period for the first bypass-recall class hasn't expired yet, so Bob Neil has no data yet on what rate the bypassers will accept recall or resign. The current seniority list is on Skynetlite.

the company is thinking TK can only support 1 recall class...getting backlogged. April and May are uncertain as well (whether 1 or 2 classes).

That's rediculous. They used to have 100+ newhires/month and now they can't even handle 50 recalls in a month. They're going to be way short again this summer.

GP,
you're probably 100-130 numbers senior to me (I'm 8015---6/18/00 DOH), which would put you somewhere around a July/August recall class (assuming 2 classes per month. But, too many unknowns to be more accurate. The 14 day period for the first bypass-recall class hasn't expired yet, so Bob Neil has no data yet on what rate the bypassers will accept recall or resign. The current seniority list is on Skynetlite.

It's been over three years since I was on Skynetlite and 4+ years since I was on the MEC website.

What are the addresses for the two?

Thanks for all your replies and good luck to us all.

GP

It's been over three years since I was on Skynetlite and 4+ years since I was on the MEC website.

What are the addresses for the two?

Thanks for all your replies and good luck to us all.

GP

Ouch! :)

united.intranet.ual.com/skynetlite. Click on the 'Help' button to get the 800 number for a password reset.

alpa.org. Click on 'members only.' Need to use your ALPA number and password; I don't know what you need to do for a password reset. On Alpa.org, you can go to 'my mec/lec' on the right side of that page, you will find a .pdf link to the 2006 seniority list. Download for future reference.

That's rediculous. They used to have 100+ newhires/month and now they can't even handle 50 recalls in a month. They're going to be way short again this summer.

DENTK isn't manned nearly as well as it was 7 years ago; they're behind the power curve in bulking it up in order to meet the line requirements. Poor planning....no surprise. Plus, transition training is taking up a lot of TK capacity. It all works for me though...pushes back the deadline for making the "final answer".

My final answer: Resignation... thanks for the opportunity.

I am starting my 5th year at Southwest this month. I enjoyed my short time at UAL, 02/18/01 to 10/30/01, but I cannot see returning as a viable option. I really enjoy going to work at SWA, I live where I'm based (PHX), and right now QOL and spending time with my family is becoming more and more important.

Is SWA perfect? No, but you show me a perfect airline job (or any job) and I'll sell you some Pacific Ocean beachfront property in Arizona.

I wish the best for you folks at UAL. Whenever flying from PHX to LAX on those early morning flights, we get a bunch of UAL guys and gals commuting to work. It's a pleasure talking with you folks, and I'm always interested in what's going on over there (also applies to our DEN overnights.) I have plenty of friends who are returning these days. Keep up the good work and good fight. I really do hope everything works out great for you.

So long United. Thanks for the memories.

Latest resources

Back