• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737 ORD was my assignment for Feb 5. I'm a 3/12/01 hire with a short LOA on the Feb 5th class. I'm junior (about 100 off the bottom of the whole list), but that was what I wanted for what was available.

Powda

Good to hear you got the right DOM, etc. That should also get you the best schedule.

I used to fly 737 ORD, now it's just the 300, right?

PB

It has been too quiet here since starting going up the list...how many more are left on it? Have they started calling for the second feb class...or a mar class yet? If it took 100 to get enough for that 1st feb class...the list could be gone rather soon.

For any UAL guys out there. What does UAL consider better, Turbo-prop PIC as a check airman or jet PIC. Have the option for both but want to become competive for UAL down the road. Thanks.

Neighbor 600 from the bottom when the music stopped

So, now that they are going "up the list", how far have they gone?

Called Bob Neil and he was told there are only 240 on bypass status below him and that a bunch of letters just went out so he would know more in a couple of weeks. He says he will be going back but would like to delay as long as possible. The three month leave of absense is no longer being granted since they are working the way up the list.

Last edited:
Called Bob Neil and he was told there are only 240 on bypass status below him and that a bunch of letters just went out so he would know more in a couple of weeks. He says he will be going back but would like to delay as long as possible. The three month leave of absense is no longer being granted since they are working the way up the list.

For us casual observers, what was Bob Neil's hire date?

For any UAL guys out there. What does UAL consider better, Turbo-prop PIC as a check airman or jet PIC. Have the option for both but want to become competive for UAL down the road. Thanks.
I don't think they would make a distinction. I believe they have a category, or at least used to, for scheduled air carrier PIC time. Its just to get to the interview anyway. Once there, everyone is on a pretty even playing field. Just my opinion. Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread!

Latest resources

Back