• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd have to do some research, but I think this is old news and happened while still in the AIP stage. Interestingly, there was not a no-confidence vote directed at ALPA E&FA or the SCC. They are on the same sheet of music as the Negotiating Committee. Thier actions shouldn't be overly surprising given C34 was the only outright holdout regarding Furloughee longevity.

Take care...

Last edited:
I'm ignorant on the furlough longevity issue: was it that they insisted on giving furloughees credit for longevity?

Unfortunately C34 shot down the resolution directing the MEC to work toward longevity credit for the furloughees. C11 is in the process of working through this resolution, as I understand it. It passed C12, C57, and C33.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Unbelievable! If figured C34 was one of the more "militant" councils when it came to working for "snapbacks".

Hey fellas, I sure don't want to step on anyone's toes, but c'mon. tilton taking that bonus, I'd say "nothing but a >45% or whatever percent you think is right. Starting with the "I'll take a cheese sandwich" sends the message you're not pissed beyond belief. I'm not there or in your shoes, it's just an outsiders perspective. At CAL, our guys are mad as hell and are saying we are prepared and willing to stop this thing especially if a major bonus pops up.

As I said, good luck, I'm sure you'll get the best you can, but I sure hope this time around we all get back enough to clean up for the past wrongs.

Thanks for the well wishing; it’s going to be a long road. When it comes to this TA, either it is a net positive for the pilot group or its not. If it is, and we turn it down, Tilton will still have his millions. That may not be the best course, and is weighted heavily on an emotional response. As a fact, there is a lot of leverage in this TA, which can be used not only in oh-nine, but also in the years leading up to oh-nine.

Importantly, this TA will not satisfy one single pilot regarding the state of our contract. This is not the end, this is a step. I understand your perspective, and many on the property share it. It’s a question of how much leverage we think we have now, and how big a gamble we are willing to take. The company may or may not come back to the table if we turn this down.

One thing is for sure; acceptance of this TA WILL NOT subdue this pilot group.

Take care

Does anyone know what hire date the are currently recalling to. I was a Jun 99 hire and bypassed back in Dec 05. Just wondered when I would have to make a final decision. Thanks.

Does anyone know what hire date the are currently recalling to. I was a Jun 99 hire and bypassed back in Dec 05. Just wondered when I would have to make a final decision. Thanks.

Just got this email today:

To all furloughees,

United has announced recall classes for 9 April and 7 May 2007 and has mailed another 55 “Final Recall Offers” to fill training positions in these two classes. There are an additional 29 pilots “voluntarily” coming off bypass for these two classes and another 11 Furloughees returning from LOA who will be attending these two recall classes as well. Due to the number of Furloughees who are returning from LOA during the next few months the other two planned recall classes for April and May will now be stand alone “Returning Pilot Training” (RPT) classes for Furloughees. Further recall class dates for the summer have yet to be determined.

The following are the recall statistics as of 28 March 2007:

As of the 26 March 2007 recall class:
Recalled - Active Status 752 Total in 2007 138
Recalled – LOA 537
Bypassed 715
Resigned (coming up the list) 108
Resigned (going down the list) 31
Retired (over age 60) 2
Deceased 3

Including the 9 April and 7 May 2007 recall classes:
Total Offered Recall 2172
Total Furlough Status 0 (have not been offered recall)
Total Offered “Final Recall” 154
Totals to date:
Recalled - Active or Accepted 789 36.3%
Recalled - LOA or LOA upon return 548 25.2%
Bypassed 663 30.5%
Resigned, Retired or Deceased 143 6.6%

The “Recall Bypass Seniority List” has been updated and is available on the Furlough – Recall Info page of the UAL MEC website, which you can access by logging on to http://crewroom.alpa.org.

Bob N. has reported that a large percentage of those resigning while working back up the list are resigned due to non-response. This is an acceptable form of resignation under the terms of the contract; however, we are still concerned that there may be pilots who may unintentionally resign in this fashion due to a “bad address”. If you did not receive the “Recall Bypass Expiration Letter” that was mailed to you in mid December 2006, your initial recall offer or have any change in contact information you should contact Bob N. (with an address update if you are still interested in returning to United. If your final recall offer is returned due to a bad address or United does not receive “Notice of intent to accept offer of recall” within 14 days after receipt, by anyone, at the address on file, you will “not be entitled to recall as provided in Paragraph 7-A of this Section and shall forfeit all seniority...” (Section 7-D).

I got that email also. But I couldn't find anywhere in there that said what original class date they have offered recall to for final yes or no. Any info would be appreciated.

Latest resources

Back