• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, Salvador is the main city. Marriot in Avenida Atlantica is good also. It is close to the action and not too difficult to move around if need be. It gets pretty wild in Rio so don't get me wrong about Rio but the main city for it is Salvador.

Varig, thanks for the info. I've locked in reservations at the JW Marriott in Rio for 30 Jan to 6 Feb 08.

Back to on topic - Recalls for United. It looks like they're going to have one class of 15 in March and one class of 15 in April. The number of recalls in class are decreasing due to TK (UAL's training center) getting pretty backed up.
As of 28 Feb, they're up to #8330, hire date 10/1/2000, on the way back up the seniority list (junior man is #8655 on the latest seniority list) with 700 remaining on bypass.

Varig, thanks for the info. I've locked in reservations at the JW Marriott in Rio for 30 Jan to 6 Feb 08.

Back to on topic - Recalls for United. It looks like they're going to have one class of 15 in March and one class of 15 in April. The number of recalls in class are decreasing due to TK (UAL's training center) getting pretty backed up.
As of 28 Feb, they're up to #8330, hire date 10/1/2000, on the way back up the seniority list (junior man is #8655 on the latest seniority list) with 700 remaining on bypass.

No problem Andy. Let me know if you need anything and thanks for the update also:cool:

Ok, so if #8330 has been recalled, how many more does that leave yet to be offered the second opportunity/last chance. Also, what is the hire date for the most senior pilot on furlough. Anyone have the latest number on resignations/LOAs. Take a stab at hiring based on the latest info?

Slug,

How's life at SWA? Assume you have resigned from the U. The BBJ drivers in my squadron have had good luck getting hired and boosting your seniority lately.

Scott B.

Ok, so if #8330 has been recalled, how many more does that leave yet to be offered the second opportunity/last chance. Also, what is the hire date for the most senior pilot on furlough. Anyone have the latest number on resignations/LOAs. Take a stab at hiring based on the latest info?

Two posts before yours Andy says that there are 700 still on bypass.

No way to tell how many of the 700 will come back. They all might, or they might not. Impossible to tell without talking with each one of them.

GP

700 remain on bypass. I don't know the hire date of the senior pilot on bypass; the senior guy to get furloughed was hired Sep 98.
Newhire guess for me - late 07 or early 08.

Slug,

How's life at SWA? Assume you have resigned from the U. The BBJ drivers in my squadron have had good luck getting hired and boosting your seniority lately.

Scott B.

Slug probably hasn't resigned yet; there are just over 300 numbers to go before he has to resign.

Just returned from my first week of RPT. Not much to be said different from what has been said here already. There are no shortage of concerns: fundamental business plan execution, consolidation, labor strife, age 65, terrorism, etc. There was a lot of talk about the new AIP. It's hung up now in a split MEC.

If I had the decision to make over again, I'd still come back. Like I said, I didn't learn anything I didn't already know, and experiencing the support for flight operations in the execution of the job reminded me why I left the regionals to take another shot at United.

If anyone is still in the throes of debate regarding return and wants to send me a PM I'll share whatever I can...

no longer W8N

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back