• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got a call from Bob Neal Thur. night. A320 out of IAD for me. I bid every fleet out of ORD as my first choice. I'm close to the bottom in the 2/26 class.

Hopefully a lateral back to ORD won't be too far off...

W8N for another 8 days
DOH 07/09/01

As soon as you get back, clear your bidreq screen and just put down ORD A320 FO.
I'm on mil leave; I hadn't had a chance to clear my bidreq screen, so I got lateraled from IAD to LAX on the 767. IAD worked well for me, since I'm in the DC area. I'll be on mil leave for as long as I can - shooting for the full 6, so I'll be able to bid again and lateral back to where I want to be when the time comes.

Hey I think ur 8643. I am exactly 100 off the bottom and I am 8555, so if my math is ok, I think that's right....

That's the number I came up with. W8N, are your initials DJH? Geez, I feel old - if that's you, I got my driver's license about 4 days after you were born. :)

That's the number I came up with. W8N, are your initials DJH? Geez, I feel old - if that's you, I got my driver's license about 4 days after you were born. :)

Yes, that is me...I think I'm the youngest on the list by a couple of months. At one point it meant jackpot and now it's just a curious fact. I'll be thrilled to be displaced as the youngest by hordes of new hires getting hired pronto.

W8N

W8N

I bid exactly like you and got the same thing: DCA 320

I'm a 3/01 hire and already got the 320 back to ORD (effective July). I would expect you would have similiar success. Personally make sure you BIDREQ is updated in the system! I completed the request sheet (from the recall package) but had to manually update because the data wasn't entered.

Good luck.

Question for those with a finger on the UAL pulse...

If you're awarded an assignment while on ML (320 DCA) and don't return for 4 years, will you be able rebid to another aircraft (767) if its available at that time or will you still be married to the 320 for the first three years after your return?

Thanks.

Question for those with a finger on the UAL pulse...

If you're awarded an assignment while on ML (320 DCA) and don't return for 4 years, will you be able rebid to another aircraft (767) if its available at that time or will you still be married to the 320 for the first three years after your return?

Thanks.

You are burning your freeze time while on ML.

...and I'm pretty sure you don't have to wait to come off of ML to bid your next jet. Once your 3 year freeze is up, submit your bid, and wait.

Thats what I thought...I'll pass it along to my "friend".

Thanks for the confirmation.

FWIW, I'm currently on mil leave, 767 DCA. I am currently burning off my 3 year freeze. Tomorrow when I'm out at IAD, I will change my BIDREQ screen to account for larger aircraft that I desire in the future. I will be on mil leave for 6 years and anticipate being a bottom reserve puke on the 777 or 400 upon my return to United.
Since you never know what's going to happen in this business, I recommend that your 'friend' update his bidreq screen as soon as possible. You never know when or if the freeze will be lifted.
Another reason to update your BIDREQ screen - I got lateraled to LAX starting in July; DCA works much better for me since I'm on mil duty in the DC area. I will lateral back to DCA when it becomes available.

Latest resources

Back