• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest on UAL recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm on mil leave too (BTW, Bogota is awesome!), is there a way to put in an equipment bid...in the event a freeze is lifted?

I'm on mil leave too (BTW, Bogota is awesome!), is there a way to put in an equipment bid...in the event a freeze is lifted?

I flew out to DEN yesterday to visit my kids; stopped by flight ops. Since I'm on mil leave, I'm not able to log on to unimatic, but one of the managers went to my BIDREQ screen for me.
One thing that I didn't realize is that your BIDREQ screen gets cleared once you are awarded a bid - in my case, a lateral to LAX. I had her put me in for one bid, DCA 767 FO.
Once I am awarded DCA, I'll go back to a domicile and have a flight manager put in a new BIDREQ with 777 & 400 FO listed on it. I don't expect anything to happen for the next couple of years, but you never know. For me, I want to be on the highest paying job while on mil leave, since our B&C funds are still funded by UAL. And at this point, I'm thinking of staying on mil leave until 2012 (I'm an IMA reservist able to get extensions to the end of fiscal year on my 179 day tours and will be active duty retirement eligible in 2008).

But to answer your question more succintly - contact your domiciles' flight manager and have him update your BIDREQ screen. It can probably be done by phone, e-mail, or fax.

I haven't had a chance to go to South America yet; it's on my list of things to do. Glad to hear that Bogata's nice. I'm hoping to make it to Rio for Carnivale one of these years....

I haven't had a chance to go to South America yet; it's on my list of things to do. Glad to hear that Bogata's nice. I'm hoping to make it to Rio for Carnivale one of these years....

Andy, let me know when you want to come down and I'll show you around. This year's Carnaval was awesome. I am sure you would like it.:beer:

Andy, let me know when you want to come down and I'll show you around. This year's Carnaval was awesome. I am sure you would like it.:beer:
:D I'm sure of that. ... and I hear that it's much wilder than Mardi Gras.
I brought my girlfriend (now wife) to Mardi Gras back in 2003. She was ticked off that I brought her, but ended up having a great time once she got into it. Now, she's looking forward to the day that we go to Carnaval. I show 31 Jan thru 5 Feb for '08's Carnaval. If the wife's not pregnant at that time, I think that we'll make it down this time.
Mardi Gras was a great warmup for this; she is now looking forward to Carnaval.

:D I'm sure of that. ... and I hear that it's much wilder than Mardi Gras.
I brought my girlfriend (now wife) to Mardi Gras back in 2003. She was ticked off that I brought her, but ended up having a great time once she got into it. Now, she's looking forward to the day that we go to Carnaval. I show 31 Jan thru 5 Feb for '08's Carnaval. If the wife's not pregnant at that time, I think that we'll make it down this time.
Mardi Gras was a great warmup for this; she is now looking forward to Carnaval.

Yep, Carnaval is wilder. People here go nuts during Carnaval. I am sure she would have fun here also if she enjoyed Mardi Gras. Believe it or not, preparation for next year is already underway.
I do hope you guys come and experience it first hand. If you need anything let me know.

Sounds like things are working out great for you!

The Brain
Slug
Gerald

:D Life's great for me; hope all's well with you.
The labotomy that I got when I pinned on O-5 is paying huge dividends. I'm actually enjoying the staff puke job that I've got and have figured out how to conform to the military stuff. I've even got a good shot at O-6 ... what a long, strange trip it's been (for the Deadheads out there). I got a 767 FO slot when recalled and plan on taking the full six years of mil leave; I'll have ~24 years active duty time when I return to UAL.
... and just to live up to my nickname, I wore a pink dress shirt with a suit to my 20th Academy reunion. My wife picked it out. Real men fear no color. :p

Varig, I was looking at booking a room at the JW Marriott on Avenida Atlantica. Is that I a good location for Carnaval?

Andy,

Avenida Atlantica in Sao Paulo or Rio? The best place to go is Salvador. That is the main city for Carnaval but other cities are worth it as well. In Rio de Janeiro it is usually better than Sao Paulo. Let me know and I'll let you know.

Andy,

Avenida Atlantica in Sao Paulo or Rio? The best place to go is Salvador. That is the main city for Carnaval but other cities are worth it as well. In Rio de Janeiro it is usually better than Sao Paulo. Let me know and I'll let you know.

Salvador? I wasn't aware of that. I was looking at the JW in Rio; I thought that Rio was the big place to go. I'll have to see what's available in Salvador; the only reason why I was able to book Rio during Carnaval is because I'm a platinum with Marriott, otherwise I couldn't have booked there. Unfortunately, Marriott doesn't have any hotels in Salvador.

Latest resources

Back