Latest DL rumors and upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Bid came out today, the junior NYC MD88 Capt came in at 9957, and NYC 717 Capt came in at 9936. That's out of close to 12,000 pilots. DL is currently hiring about 85 a month, but rumors out there say it will increase to 100 per month shortly. A new contract is due in 2015, with more rumors stating RA wants a deal done early. Profit sharing will be at least double what it was last year (it was 8.125% of your W2 which equaled one month pay last year, which was given out Feb 14th of this year), with the first 5% of that already awarded early on the 3rd of this month. Lower gas as of late may increase that profit sharing % greatly, adding a lot. Have only gotten half of the 717s from AT/SWA, and 45 new A321s coming starting mid next year at 4 per month. 4 new A330s coming next year too. The 5000 retirements haven't even really started yet. There are upcoming years (4 in a row) with 800+ scheduled retirements per year.

Some cons---parking 4 744s this year (3 already), and maybe some next year. Early out program already offered for some senior Captains. Some 757s getting parked, but not as many as previously stated due to some "potential" deals that may be coming via suspected charter work.

Overall, good times at this legacy. Profit sharing will be huge due to lower gas and full planes and fees. Upcoming contract should be a plus due to those profits.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Yes, I've heard that some of the 757's short on time prior to heavy checks will be used for sports charters to minimize utilization on those frames, and the charter Airbii will be refit for scheduled service.

Bid came out today, the junior NYC MD88 Capt came in at 9957, and NYC 717 Capt came in at 9936. That's out of close to 12,000 pilots.

Bye Bye---General Lee

What's that, 15 years to upgrade at the worst base and worse flying? Telling about UNdesireable it is with numerous 5-leg days otherwise wouldn't have gone so junior. 5-year swa fos still make more$$$$, fly fewer legs, and have more days off. Keep trying, junior.

What's that, 15 years to upgrade at the worst base and worse flying? Telling about UNdesireable it is with numerous 5-leg days otherwise wouldn't have gone so junior. 5-year swa fos still make more$$$$, fly fewer legs, and have more days off. Keep trying, junior.

Uhhhhhhh, wow, you're on drugs. Looks like future upgrades are coming faster, and many older Widebody FOs like what they currently do. You also failed to take in the fact that 5000 will be retiring. So, take the current numbers and subtract the retirements. You just lost on Jeopardy, big time. You got minus -$5000, but it was expected Juany. The Corndog FOs will be stagnant for years due to AT guys rightfully getting their left seats back, which AT 737 Capts shouldn't have lost in the first place. You know that...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
'Upgrading' to the DC-9 with horrible schedules? No wonder it's going so junior. Nobody wants those 4 days that pay 20. Multiple 3 hour hub sits to enjoy as well. At least you can perfect the double breast blazer walk. Don't forget your hat!

I just finished a three day with 1-1-2. Paid 19.5. Hopefully Delta will get some rigs next time. If I were at Delta, I would pass on the crappy upgrade as well. The word is out.

What is the hire date of someone at 9957? Thanks

Late 2000 or 2001. Looking at the list, guys in the 10,200 range were hired in 2007 at DL. The deal is age 65 caused stagnation for 5 years, and now 5000 guys will be retiring. That's the point. SWA has 15 years from today for upgrade as a newhire. Newhires at DL will probably have 6 or 7 years, and will see Europe or Asia before then, instead of Amarillo and Lubbock.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
'Upgrading' to the DC-9 with horrible schedules? No wonder it's going so junior. Nobody wants those 4 days that pay 20. Multiple 3 hour hub sits to enjoy as well. At least you can perfect the double breast blazer walk. Don't forget your hat!

I just finished a three day with 1-1-2. Paid 19.5. Hopefully Delta will get some rigs next time. If I were at Delta, I would pass on the crappy upgrade as well. The word is out.

Wait, you guys are still flying that junky 737-300 and -500 with no glass, right? All over West Texas, right? Wow, that's fantastic. Your 3 day worth 19.5 isn't worth it then. And 1-1-2? Sure Red. All Corndog trips are like that. Sure. More like 112 landings per month, and each one of them slamming the brakes to make the first reverse highspeed...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back