• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest DAL/NWA arbitration debates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "Baseball Style Arbitration" is limited in scope and only deals with interpretation of "Replacement Aircraft Language" as it applies to fences, according to the description made in the hearing.

Correct, but more than that, it is a screw which is being tightened.

I could care less about that. If the award is anywhere closes to what y'all asked for, then y'all set yourselves up for that.

Too bad. Even if the award goes DOH with fences, it will likely be rejected by Delta--as eluded to in yesterday's testimony. Even if accepted, I would consider it for what it is, and move on. You are saying that NWA guys will burn the house down ala USAir if it goes Delta's way? If so, I would say that you set yourself up for it. It wouldn't surprise me though, with the way NWA has handled just about everything since the announcement right up through yesterday's testimony.

MR. FREUND:
.....And if, but only if, the parties
cannot reach agreement in the context
of those very specific standards set
out in that condition and restriction
with the matter coming back to one
member of the panel for resolution in a baseball-style arbitration.

ARBITRATOR EISCHEN: Jeff, just one focused question.
You used the analogy to baseball
arbitration. Are you talking about the
baseball salary arbitration?
MR. FREUND: Yes.
ARBITRATOR EISCHEN: By express
requirement of the parties, no opinion is written or expressed by the arbitrator. It's simply a bare-bones
award. Was that your intent?
MR. FREUND: You would simply pick
one set of language over the other. To
be honest with you, we had not thought
about whether an opinion should or
shouldn't be written. We didn't focus on that.
The point I was simply trying to
make is that the arbitrators should
pick one side's language or the other
side.
ARBITRATOR EISCHEN: I don't want
to fine tune this too much but I
wondered if you literally intended no
opinion?
Wow. Impressive screw-tightening.

Yawn...

Wow. Impressive screw-tightening.

Yawn...

Ok fine, it wasn't screw tightening. The rest was blown out of the water then. Better yet, fill us in on the mediated talks and what happened there--which is what the comment referenced. Better still, here is you favorite speling error. Focus on that. It is just as germane.

Ok fine, it wasn't screw tightening. The rest was blown out of the water then. Better yet, fill us in on the mediated talks and what happened there--which is what the comment referenced. Better still, here is you favorite speling error. Focus on that. It is just as germane.
Riiiight. Divert Divert. Predictable. BTW, the whole thing was a lot more impressive in person according to many NWA attendees. Why was it again that in LA, a DAL base, only 2 Delta pilots showed up?

The other 7,498 were filling out their bid preference sheets with "do not pair with." Putting in 4,500 numbers takes a while. I hope I did not waste any time with "retired - disabled pilots" but with the NWA list, who knows? Better safe than sorry.

But hey, I'll be Superpilot 92's FO any day. Hope he doesn't give me crap for not being a real DC9 pilot.
:beer:

Last edited:
Riiiight. Divert Divert. Predictable. BTW, the whole thing was a lot more impressive in person according to many NWA attendees. Why was it again that in LA, a DAL base, only 2 Delta pilots showed up?

Deflect, divert, deflect, divert. You forgot to correct my spelling. Always remember that SPELLING is your forte, apparently as much as counting Delta pilots.

Latest resources

Back