Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
smart, 2 things:

1. I hope to get you back on property pronto.

2. I choose not to rate my job based on what it would like to be unemployed. The "just thankful to be here/I could be on the street" train of thought is an excellent way to walked all over by a employer so inclined to do such things. We are in the customer service industry. Our owners could choose many other means of travel. As such I think it's asinine to feed your employees bread and water, or take advantage of them with work rules, AND expect them to provide excellent service to the owner.

you're right. I felt that very same way when I was on the property. I think I should've looked at all this from these points of view. just becasue some of us got kicked out, doesn't mean the rest of you should eat sh*t burgers 3 times a day.

Keep up the good work guys. i look forward to my return and any improvments they chose to make.

* Laughable go-home day rules - Doesn't happen enough to out weigh the benefits, just my take. Again for the record, company can schedule us up to 16 on our last day but eveything over 14 must be commercial travle (airline, sedan, etc.)

It does if you're NYC-based. Which, if I get recalled and they'll allow me to transfer, I will not be. Ever. Again.

If you think about it, the most worthless, inefficient base we have is So. Cal. They would be better off shutting it down and opening Chicago, Atlanta or Orlando since we do more east coast flights than anything.

If you think about it, the most worthless, inefficient base we have is So. Cal. They would be better off shutting it down and opening Chicago, Atlanta or Orlando since we do more east coast flights than anything.

Just to keep the conversation going, how would you respond to this:

Pilots: "We want more bases."
Mgmt: "We will do you one better than that. We will do home basing. But your schedule will be 14 on/14 off."
Pilots:".....?

14/14 sounds better than the 90/14 I enjoy as a furlough boy... take it if its offered!

Oh and I have a 23 hour airline commute that takes 2 days to get home!

Just to keep the conversation going, how would you respond to this:

Pilots: "We want more bases."
Mgmt: "We will do you one better than that. We will do home basing. But your schedule will be 14 on/14 off."
Pilots:".....?

You know,, some of us might go for it. But,,,,,,,

The Waterview cannot work us 14 hour days for 14 days straight. Remember, Joe Blow form Kokomo works 40 hour weeks, 4 weeks a month. Total, 160 hours. The way things are going now, 14 hour days,,times 14 days a month is 196 hours. I would like to brush my teeth and wash my undies somewhere in that time!
And I bet my assigned partner would appreciate it too. :)

So, if they are willing to put up wth much greater fatigue calls,, let them offer the 14 day. But fly me in and out of my home airport.

Hung

I've never understood why you would go to the office on your days off. I went to one of the employee meetings two years ago so I could put a face to some of the names but it took me 1:45 to get there. And I never met any of the schedulers or dispatchers anyway.

There still at FLEX because no 121 AL would Hire them. They Kiss ass because they know if they got fired no company would hire them.

Any of the furlough guys that got the bonus notice the accrued vacation balance on your pay stub? Mine says 10 days, kind of weird.

Yes, mine says that also. It was as it was when I was furloughed. But, before you get your hopes up, I was told the 2 months severance covered that.
The very fact that they have kept the whole business alive tells me we are indeed "inactive" employees.

Hung

Yes, mine says that also. It was as it was when I was furloughed. But, before you get your hopes up, I was told the 2 months severance covered that.
The very fact that they have kept the whole business alive tells me we are indeed "inactive" employees.

Hung

But they paid us 2 months severance plus accrued vacation days, in my case 10 days.

Latest resources

Back