Latest at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CL300,

I think that our bonus situation last year was effected by yet another rule they had in place regarding profit margins or some such. Basically, we triggered a no pay over this amount clause in the bonus set up.

I would disagree that they could have nixed everything this year. Recalls are coming as well as rules to make it easier to unionize. Combine that with our miraculous new focus group and you can see why some things were done.

SDCFI,

Until I have some actual input on changes that need to be made and have some confidence that those changes can't be tossed on a whim because they're not written down on something less changeable than our FOM this will not be a great job to me. Two min rest, 3am, please come save our understaffed butts, and no we won't have food for you until you land 4 hours from now phone calls on my last rotation have put me in a foul mood with regards to our "rules".

Good luck finding that "great" job you strive for, I'm sure that attitude translates right into your resume when someone realizes that you change jobs every 15 to 18 months to find the "right" fit.

It's mind numbing mental midgetry like this that makes it hard to converse with your types. I know where the great jobs are. I know there are no perfect jobs. I know that this is not a great job. You remind me of the jacka** management pilot who tried to justify our former ham or turkey sandwich every day crew meal policy to me by comparing it with my feeding my dogs the same things everyday. He was serious.

Btw, you don't have a habit of wearing eyeliner and other do you? It would explain a lot.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the focus group was formed to look into ALL issues/complaints within the pilot group. So why address a specific issue regarding Day one complaints, "travel within gateways", unless it benefits one of the focus members?

If you hired/chose So. Cal/ FLL to be your base, then you get to deal with the company being able to use you how they see fit. Is it right? No. Did you make the choice to base there? Yes, you knew the rules and still chose that as your base.

Some of the items being addressed are in fact laughable. Expense reports? Are you serious? Trip sheet information? Again, serious? While I have seen one maybe two people complain about either one, does this really need the attention of a focus group? One of our ACP's, and you know which one it is, could fix the trip sheet situation in his sleep. This is a project he would be able to tackle quickly and easily because he is really good at this type of project.

Because I was bored in the hotel room the past couple of days, I went and did a historic look up of pilot concerns. For a long time they were the same ones. In order they were first and last day, bases and crew meals. There are your items the focus group should get answers to.

* Laughable Day 1 rules - Definately some pitfalls here, more present in the FL and CA Gateways than anywhere else. For the record folks, we still operate 14/10 like everyone else, problem lies with travel rules within the Gateway (correct me if I'm wrong Dooker). A company advantage for sure, lets hope the recommendations by the focus group get addressed.

That's what is was, thank you.

We do continue to disagree a little though. While recalls appear to be coming, unless the dow continues to tank, that affects our next bonus that begins to accrue starting this May. Last year, we under flew by 15 to 20% and lost money due largely in part because of the aircraft issue and loss of sales that all of the fracs incurred. Therefore, I believe they could have done much less on the bonus side or not even done one at all. The fact that the company did give us a bonus at all was a complete shocker to me.

You know what is nice though, you and I are showing that 2 people can disagree without lowering the intelligence level of the whole board. :beer:

Cl300pilot

CL300,

I think that our bonus situation last year was effected by yet another rule they had in place regarding profit margins or some such. Basically, we triggered a no pay over this amount clause in the bonus set up.

I would disagree that they could have nixed everything this year. Recalls are coming as well as rules to make it easier to unionize. Combine that with our miraculous new focus group and you can see why some things were done.

CL300 and DirtyBeech have both hinted at recalls. Do you 2 care to elaborate on that?
And to the rest of you. Is your job really that bad? You make 5-7 grand a month to sit in the right seat while the rest of us make 1200 a month on unemployment and worry about where we'll get health insurance next that won't bankrupt the family. I know all of you are out there working your butt off to keep this company running so that one day some of us could come back. And I really appreciate that. but to read all this petty bickering about 1st and last day rules and crew meals just blows my mind. I guess you really can't appreciate somthing until you've lost it. To help with the crew meals, if any of you come through FTW, let me know and I'll personally bring you what ever you want to eat. With a smile. good luck out there.

While recalls appear to be coming, unless the dow continues to tank, that affects our next bonus that begins to accrue starting this May.

Believe me, I'm watching that like a hawk and am growing more convinced of a double dip every day. I think the nightmare scenario for us right now is something like this:

We're way understaffed for the next peak period.

Knowing this the company begins recalls and hiring in August to get spun up in time for Thanksgiving

Right around the beginning of the 4th quarter the economy seriously tanks again.

I hope you are wrong. But I am thinking the same thing.

Believe me, I'm watching that like a hawk and am growing more convinced of a double dip every day. I think the nightmare scenario for us right now is something like this:

We're way understaffed for the next peak period.

Knowing this the company begins recalls and hiring in August to get spun up in time for Thanksgiving

Right around the beginning of the 4th quarter the economy seriously tanks again.

Hi Smart. This is now 3rd hand information, but out of one of the meetings it was said that unless we hit some major financial snag again, they are hoping for recalls to begin toward the later part of the year. I know this is vague, but I was not there to get the information first hand. I know it is all going to depend on how the next several months go.

I also agree with you regarding the petty bickering, but hey, this is flightinfo right? Where would we be without it :laugh:

CL300

CL300 and DirtyBeech have both hinted at recalls. Do you 2 care to elaborate on that?
And to the rest of you. Is your job really that bad? You make 5-7 grand a month to sit in the right seat while the rest of us make 1200 a month on unemployment and worry about where we'll get health insurance next that won't bankrupt the family. I know all of you are out there working your butt off to keep this company running so that one day some of us could come back. And I really appreciate that. but to read all this petty bickering about 1st and last day rules and crew meals just blows my mind. I guess you really can't appreciate somthing until you've lost it. To help with the crew meals, if any of you come through FTW, let me know and I'll personally bring you what ever you want to eat. With a smile. good luck out there.

smart, 2 things:

1. I hope to get you back on property pronto.

2. I choose not to rate my job based on what it would like to be unemployed. The "just thankful to be here/I could be on the street" train of thought is an excellent way to walked all over by a employer so inclined to do such things. We are in the customer service industry. Our owners could choose many other means of travel. As such I think it's asinine to feed your employees bread and water, or take advantage of them with work rules, AND expect them to provide excellent service to the owner.

I am thankful to be employed, but am reticent to pat Flex on the back or toss them a bone. They all to often turn around and beat me with it.

We can do better.

We can do better without negative fiscal implications. In fact, I think we can do better cheaper.

We can do better only if we challenge the status quo at the Waterview.

Let me guess, Gateways? Wow - maybe you should have considered moving to one when you signed up for the job, most of us did and don't see a problem with our QOL.

no disrespect intended but this argument really bothers me. It is such a close minded way of thinking. So we should never expect a raise or any improvements just because we agreed to whatever the hell it was a decade ago when we got hired?

In this business its not like we can just move to some other company if we want to change locations. seniority doenst transfer over, thus the reason they call it the golden handcuffs.

And perhaps I was happy with the gateways when I got hired but but hell, life changes. Maybe my wife wants a job transfer, maybe I want to be closer to my parents, maybe I want to move away from my ex-wife. Who knows, but the point is we have limited options and I have never heard a goes reason why.

Why so negative to those trying to make improvements? surely there is something here you;d change. What have you done to make it happen?

If you hired/chose So. Cal/ FLL to be your base, then you get to deal with the company being able to use you how they see fit. Is it right? No. Did you make the choice to base there? Yes, you knew the rules and still chose that as your base.

ah, so once again the "you knew the rules when you were hired so you should never expect a improvement ever" excuse. How can someone really know that they will be asked to drive three hours and then start a 16 hour duty day? I don't recall that being listed in any fine print on the job description. Sure it was a rule when folks got hired, but who can really say they understood exactly what that meant?

I dont get why you care if people want 1st day rules change. For dallas people it wont change a thing, so just be quiet and let others work on getting QOL improvements. Next time you have an issue you want changed (health care, 401K choices?), I'll back you on that.

Latest resources

Back