Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
John Pennekamp said:
But guess what? The hardliners are the elected reps. Go ahead and recall them if you think you have the votes, Biscuit! Install a management shill like yourself and sell out the pilot group.

Speculation of how a proposal would pass is just that.

How can a majority of the pilots sell themselves out? I think the hardliners are running things and I think we will all lose. Just because you disagree with ALPA, doesn't mean you are a management shill.

ASARJMan said:
Hey, Biscuit, whatya think about SKYW offering their pilots matching pay on the 700? ALPA doing pretty good getting those boys and girls a pay raise ( and they're nonunion) , 2% across the board. We're next, if this place doesn't melt down completely.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Sounds like non-union Skywest is doing better than most ALPA carriers and saving their 2% dues. Jerry is going to reward his pilots for not being union.

ASADriver said:
How can a majority of the pilots sell themselves out? I think the hardliners are running things and I think we will all lose. Just because you disagree with ALPA, doesn't mean you are a management shill.

Get a clue will you Biscuit! Get outa that damn office for once and fly the line for a month or two. Maybe that'll wake yo arse up!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

ASADriver said:
Sounds like non-union Skywest is doing better than most ALPA carriers and saving their 2% dues. Jerry is going to reward his pilots for not being union.

You don't think it's because the ASA pilots stood strong and refused to take a pay cut on the 700 Biscuit? Of course JA will 'reward' his pilots with a raise. JA's afraid of the ALPA campaign going on right now, and is trying to prevent SKYW from going union. May or may not work.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

ASARJMan said:
Get a clue will you Biscuit! Get outa that dang office for once and fly the line for a month or two. Maybe that'll wake yo arse up!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

I average 85 hours per month - far more than our ALPA people on full time leave. How much are our negotiators flying?

ASARJMan said:
You don't think it's because the ASA pilots stood strong and refused to take a pay cut on the 700 Biscuit? Of course JA will 'reward' his pilots with a raise. JA's afraid of the ALPA campaign going on right now, and is trying to prevent SKYW from going union. May or may not work.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Smart on his part. I would do the same if I was in his position.

FORESTGUMP said:
semantics! whatever you feel like calling it, count me in. I'd take it over ALPA tomorrow. No question.

As far as who's going to protect you/us from the big bad company....I guess you're right. Not a day goes by that I don't hear a horrible story of some poor Skywest pilot getting "screwed by the management" and losing his/her license, job and freedom for nearly no reason at all. Pretty soon Skywest isn't going to have anyone left there to fly the planes.....NOT!:laugh:

Run Forest Run...Run away from reality!

Semantics!? You really are the local idiot. You either have an enforcable contract or you dont. There is no warm and fuzzy creamy center.

Vote no if you want. But I would point out that members of management are not allowed, sorry.

goodto50meters said:
Run Forest Run...Run away from reality!

Semantics!? You really are the local idiot. You either have an enforcable contract or you dont. There is no warm and fuzzy creamy center.

Even with ALPA, ours doesn't seem very enforcable. We have been losing most of our grievances.

ASADriver said:
Well said CRJskipper. Dual qualification is not a problem, and while I am not wild about PBS, it is the future and it is more efficient. The more efficiancy we gain in scheduling and training cycles, the more competitive we can be without cutting pay. I think the hardliners are driving negotiations from our side and those of us who are more realistic need to take things back.

There is nothing hard line about saying no to rediculous management offers.
A good call by the MEC is more like it. if you want a pay cut-freeze, then you feel free to write Atkin and LaBrecque a check every month for the difference.

ASADriver said:
It never ceases to amaze me how you die-hard union types think anyone who disagrees with the union is a "management type". I guess we are all supposed to blindly follow the union. Give me another cup of the ALPA koolaid, the first cup didn't take.

Try Turbo Lax.

Latest resources

Back