Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASADriver said:
Sounds like non-union Skywest is doing better than most ALPA carriers and saving their 2% dues. Jerry is going to reward his pilots for not being union.

Sooooo then you support the fact that Atkin is surrounded by unionized carriers that he must 'compete' with in order to keep the union out? And, that without those said unions holding up things around him he would NOT be raising things there right?

Thanks for your union support. Jackass

goodto50meters said:
There is nothing hard line about saying no to rediculous management offers.
A good call by the MEC is more like it. if you want a pay cut-freeze, then you feel free to write Atkin and LaBrecque a check every month for the difference.

You don't get it. I don't want a pay cut, and the current offer would be a payraise. What I really don't want is for Skywest to transfer airplanes while we hold out for huge pay increases. A large payraise will not do me any good if all our airplanes go to Skywest.

goodto50meters said:
Sooooo then you support the fact that Atkin is surrounded by unionized carriers that he must 'compete' with in order to keep the union out? And, that without those said unions holding up things around him he would NOT be raising things there right?

Thanks for your union support. Jackass

I don't support it, I realize it for the reality that it is. Some of you would be wise to wakeup to this reality. How is the union going to support me if our flying is transferred to Skywest?

ASADrivel,

I find it odd that I am actually hoping SWA slips up and takes you, so you can get the hell away from the rest of us.

By the way, your ALPA dues are a tax write-off, so quit whining about losing 2% of your paycheck.

ASADriver said:
I don't support it, I realize it for the reality that it is. Some of you would be wise to wakeup to this reality. How is the union going to support me if our flying is transferred to Skywest?

Atkin is not competeing against the union rates that surround him? You sure? You do have a 737 type right?

goodto50meters said:
Run Forest Run...Run away from reality!

Semantics!? You really are the local idiot. You either have an enforcable contract or you dont. There is no warm and fuzzy creamy center.

Vote no if you want. But I would point out that members of management are not allowed, sorry.
I don't see/hear Skywest pilots running around on here OR anywhere else bitchin' and whinin' about how bad they have it or how bad their management is or how over worked they are. They make more $ than we do and their airline is getting new planes and hiring pilots in droves.......and all you and your buddies can do is act like middle school brats and call anyone who disagrees with you opinion names......nice....really nice

ASADriver said:
Smart on his part. I would do the same if I was in his position.

You are not very bright so you will never be in his position. You want gravy with that biscuit Mr. Biscuit?

ASADriver said:
You don't get it. I don't want a pay cut, and the current offer would be a payraise. What I really don't want is for Skywest to transfer airplanes while we hold out for huge pay increases. A large payraise will not do me any good if all our airplanes go to Skywest.

If we lose premium and get 50% DH pay you will end up with a paycut, regardless of what you think. There was a time here where every line was blocked just below guarantee, where premium was the only way to make any money without giving up days off. Then look at the FOs, who will take a paycut regardless, as no COLA raise equals a paycut when the cost of everything else goes up.

How do you explain that they are asking us for a paycut when they are offering the skywest pilots OUR rates for the 70s? Kind of negates their arguement that we are too expensive, huh? And remember them saying that the reason that they were transferring 70s away from us was because we are too expensive? If they make the same as we do, what is their excuse for it now? You need to wake up.

ASADriver said:
I average 85 hours per month - far more than our ALPA people on full time leave. How much are our negotiators flying?

I know the sim flys "just like the airplane", but sim time and Cessna time don't count, LOL!

And our negotiating committee may be on full time leave, but they work much harder than you do in a day, Mr Dudley.

John Pennekamp said:
I know the sim flys "just like the airplane", but sim time and Cessna time don't count, LOL!
And our negotiating committee may be on full time leave, but they work much harder than you do in a day, Mr Dudley.

Oh he's in that 'important' engineering job, you know, the one where he plays with gee whiz toys, and not reality like a line pilot does every friggin day! He's also the one who came up with that turn at JFK on V1 cuts, when ATC there exp[ected us to go straight out! And then the time he taxied out at Peachtree City w/ flaps up, only to lower them while taxing. Hmmm, no flap inspection. Hell, ASA could save some $$$ putting him back on line, IF he's ever been a line pilot.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Latest resources

Back