Latest ASA offer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atlcrjdriver said:
It has been mentioned by numerous crews that PBS was agreed to in a side letter from ALPA and that BW has been working on this for a while now.

From talking to pilots that have used PBS at other carriers, it is not a bad thing once you learn how to work the system.

Fly Safe...
:cool:

Talking to other crews is certainly scientific research data. Maybe the MEC and CNC should get rid of the Wilson Center Polling and let you conduct your unbiased poll and save some money. I am certain you could do the job and we can be assured of the accuracy of your data.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Is BW Brian Wilson?

Last edited:
Bizjet said:
Talking to other crews is certainly scientific research data. Maybe the MEC and CNC should get rid of the Wilson Center Polling and let you conduct your unbiased poll and save some money. I am certain you could do the job and we can be assured of the accuracy of your data.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So if ALPA has done scientific polling, and it has determined that we don't want this deal, why doesn't it just say so? ALPA wouldn't lie to us would they? Take the deal, and let the membership vote on it. The membership will let you know if it is acceptable. Is ALPA afraid of what the membership will say?

ASADriver said:
So if ALPA has done scientific polling, and it has determined that we don't want this deal, why doesn't it just say so? ALPA wouldn't lie to us would they?

ALPA never releases the results of Wilson Polling data. Only the MEC and CNC see that data. Publicly releasing polling data would be a horrible way of carrying out negotiations. When you buy a new car do you tell the salesman how high you're willing to go before he even tells you the price? That would be the same as telling the company what your polling data says. Not very smart.

Take the deal, and let the membership vote on it.

You don't seem to understand this: there is no deal!!! The company made a "supposal." That is not a deal or an offer. If they want to make an offer or a "deal," then they need to schedule a session with the mediator and submit a formal proposal. Until then, then you don't have any deal to vote on in the first place.

ASADriver said:
So if ALPA has done scientific polling, and it has determined that we don't want this deal, why doesn't it just say so? ALPA wouldn't lie to us would they? Take the deal, and let the membership vote on it. The membership will let you know if it is acceptable. Is ALPA afraid of what the membership will say?

You can't possibly be as THICK as you appear. If you are who took your ATP written for you?

Bizjet said:
You can't possibly be as THICK as you appear. If you are who took your ATP written for you?

Thanks for not answering the question and deflecting it again. Is that what they teach you in ALPA school? Most of the pilots I talk to say that these offers are acceptable if it stops the loss of aircraft to Skywest. I think ALPA is more concerned about ALPA than it is with the membership.

PCL_128 said:
ALPA never releases the results of Wilson Polling data. Only the MEC and CNC see that data. Publicly releasing polling data would be a horrible way of carrying out negotiations. When you buy a new car do you tell the salesman how high you're willing to go before he even tells you the price? That would be the same as telling the company what your polling data says. Not very smart.

You don't seem to understand this: there is no deal!!! The company made a "supposal." That is not a deal or an offer. If they want to make an offer or a "deal," then they need to schedule a session with the mediator and submit a formal proposal. Until then, then you don't have any deal to vote on in the first place.

There isn't a deal, but there is an offer. The union won't pass it on to the membership, why not? Let us decide. ALPA isn't concerned about what will happen if Skywest transfers our flying.

ASADriver said:
Thanks for not answering the question and deflecting it again. Is that what they teach you in ALPA school? Most of the pilots I talk to say that these offers are acceptable if it stops the loss of aircraft to Skywest. I think ALPA is more concerned about ALPA than it is with the membership.

Most of the people you talk to? Would that include other members of management? Would most be two out of three? Six out of ten? Give us some real numbers ASAD!

Bizjet said:
Most of the people you talk to? Would that include other members of management? Would most be two out of three? Six out of ten? Give us some real numbers ASAD!

I'm a line pilot Bizjet, and about six out of ten agree with me. Not all, but a definate majority. This deal is probably as good as it gets and the prospect of losing flying to Skywest isn't worth the gamble. Take the deal and let the membership vote. The membership will settle this debate, let us have something to vote on.

ASADriver said:
I'm a line pilot Bizjet, and about six out of ten agree with me. Not all, but a definate majority. This deal is probably as good as it gets and the prospect of losing flying to Skywest isn't worth the gamble. Take the deal and let the membership vote. The membership will settle this debate, let us have something to vote on.

Yo Driver,

Thers is no offer, nor a deal. Get that in your head dude. Whatever they want should be presented to the Board. End of story. That is how NEGOTIATIONS work.

ASADriver said:

When you keep talking to the same 10 people all the time and expect a different response isn't that the sign of insanity? About 6 out of 10? Would that be 5 or 7 out of 10? When do you anticipate releasing your polling data?

Latest resources

Back