• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Latest ACEY Negotiation Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets not forget that the 50/ATR FO's will not get any raise for 8-10 years under the companies current proposal. Before anyone says it, I did know what I was getting into when I came here, just not how long it would be the way it is. Definitely worth trying to make it better for those that follow. Strike vote now!

Let me just say that I think ALPA's proposal is right on the money. The company can go to hell and take their airplanes with them!

I was voting no for a strike until I read this. Does the company want us to strike? I cant think of another reason they would publish something like this. Like someone said, it puts us below everyone in almost every section. It will be a cold day in hell before I take a contract thats less that CHQ. Thank you management for convincing me to change my mind and vote yes.

sweptback said:
The company proposal pay is $3-4/hr below CHQ, a company not known for having stellar payrates to begin with.

As previsouly stated, anything with less than what we make now will be a YES vote to strike. If we need to become more competitive, start at the top and work down.

#1 - Upper management takes at least a 3-5% cut in salaries AND a 20-40% cut in bonuses.

#1.2 The rest of management is forced to compete for their job with SkyWest counterparts. May the best 'thing' (I can't say Man or Woman, that would be too respectful) win.

#2 - The inefficiencies that plague our operations are AT LEAST addressed.

#3 - Fuel initiatives are implemented WITH pilot support.

#4 - Scheduling more efficiently uses reserves to prevent extending of line pilots and the 50% penalty that goes along with it (time and half for extension).

#5 - They give me a bonus for being a genius and BL has to personally call me and thank me for my insight. Additionally, I want this message on my voice mail so I can play it back at will and pat myself on the back in front of others.

#6 - How about a dam.n airport discount too. I want at least 5% off of Atlanta Bread Company.

I am beginning to think they do want us to strike too.

Remember SMAckTard, ASA/SKYWEST has no fuel implications in the DCI contract, Delta pays us 100% for all fuel expenses. Obviously, we want Delta to survive and this is our motivation to save fuel, but it has zero impac on Skywest and ASA profits.

Exactly as said before, 13% is 13% regardless of the dollars is translates into. Yes ALPA uses this because it has more impact, but it does not change my mind.

Guys, just remember this is the company trying to divide and conqure, and trying to have an impact on a strike vote.

My plan, is to attend the meeting, ask hard questions, demand real answers, and reinforce to CT and SH that they can respectfully KISS MY ARSE.

Remember, CT stated in his latest love letter , that he thought the deal was VERY FAIR!!!!!

NOT.

Medeco

Wow. The company is realling showing their ass with this. They admittedly propose rates that are below the industry average? Well thanks for telling me how much you value my employment.

Anyway, sure our PROPOSED rates are high and the company's rates are low. I'm certain there is middle ground somewhere. I just know I wont be voting for any paycuts.

Oh, one more thing. Damn, Mesa's contract really sucks.

Medeco said:
Remember SMAckTard, ASA/SKYWEST has no fuel implications in the DCI contract, Delta pays us 100% for all fuel expenses. Obviously, we want Delta to survive and this is our motivation to save fuel, but it has zero impac on Skywest and ASA profits.

The only point I would have to counter to this is that if we reduced Delta's fuel bill significantly, when we renegotiate the contract, we'd be in a better position because our cost would be that much lower to them. We'd be getting a 'credit' so to speak. Not that they're in the business of handing out credits, but it would offset cuts in other areas of the renegotiated contract.

Smacktard said:
#6 - How about a dam.n airport discount too. I want at least 5% off of Atlanta Bread Company.

Got a discount at the T terminal the other day. Too bad we're never over there!

Latest resources

Back