• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Last week's AirTran interviewees...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Geez, that sounds more like my Midex interview than my AirTran interview!

Midex HR had evidently studied at the Nancy Stuka school of touchy-feely fuzzy-wuzzy "Tell me about a time when you cried" voodoo.

I hope we're not going that way, too.

Airtran

Did anyone get hired? I got the letter on saturday also. Maybe they are worried about the war. Im sorry for the guys who have no job, hang in there it will improve. My interview wasn't my best but I did not give them any reason to not hire me.

Maybe it was me but they seem to becoming a little arrogant over there. It may be a growing airline but the have not been around long enough to act like they do. Not a bash on anyone at Airtran, I my self would have liked to work there.

Good luck to all.

The calls have started. A buddy of mine just called to tell me he got the offer today. I forgot to ask when his classdate was...

(In case they are going alphabetically...his last name starts with a "B".)

Best of Luck to all...

AKAAB
:D

Last edited:
I'm sure others are thinking the same thing so, would you mind telling us what the other job was that you took over airtran?

Yeah, I'd like to know too. I am guessing Jetblue or ATA. Personally, I think Airtran would be a great place to be with an impending Airbus (most likely...) order and West Coast expansion. I'd love to fly those 717s as well - very nice takeoff performance and glass cockpit...

Good luck

UM#1 said:
I must say I was very lucky to have a choice in these terrible times, But I decided to goto ATA. I just finished my first week and I am very happy there. Good luck to all.

Congratulations on your new job. It's nice to have choices, especially in this environment.

There was a guy in my newhire class here at AirTran that was a 5 year ATA B757 FO; now he's in his second year here on the B717. To each their own . . . I hope you are as happy there as he is here.

Best of luck.

I'm not hearing about anyone getting hired without PIC turbine, and quite a bit of 121 or 135. All the new hire stats are about what you'd expect from any other major out there (if they were hiring).

Times have really changed. Just 2 years ago nobody wanted to come here. The minimums were nothing. Now.. well need I say more?

Good luck to those trying. This is not a stepping stone in my opinion, it really is a good place to work, regardless of the current airline business economics, and regardless of what a few "others" that are currently unemployed from our competitors may have to say (or better yet.. imply) about us.

Latest resources

Back