• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Last week's AirTran interviewees...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey guys. My buddy has an interview here comming up. Just wanted to see what the process is like. When I did it 2 years ago it consited of questions like, "How was your flight in?" and "When can you start?" But I hear that they are doing more technical stuff now. Is that true?
Thanks for you feedback. good luck!
See you on line.

Without trying to get your hopes up too high.....the rejection letters usually go out immediately. So, the general rule of thumb is, the longer it takes to hear the better the news. Good luck.

It took me three months to get a reply . . . . . (this was about a year and a half ago).

I had passed the interview portion, then it sat on the DO's desk until he signed off on it. Hopefully, that won;t happen to you guys! I would agree that "no news is good news", so hang in there.

BTW, the interviewing/hiring part is kind of quirky, the rest of the operation runs much more smoothly.

Good luck, hope to meet you guys on the line.

My goodness, I hope it doesn't take that long! I want to get on that seniority list. Do you think they run background checks before calling with an offer? This could delay the process based on how slow responses are.

Keeping my fingers crossed....

Still nothing. I have no fingernails left to chew, I am looking at my dog's now. :D

Ty Webb said it took him 3 months. This is an exercise in patience, unfortunately I am not that patient of a person. At least I am not the only one. I'll post if/when I hear, please do the same.

Last edited:
I would almost be willing to bet that the people who made it through the interview are now just sitting on someone's desk, waiting for a final approval, and that person may not be in this week . . . or they haven't decided when to begin the next class, or something like that.

In my case, I was still flying corporate- calling my wife every day, asking, "Did AirTran call? Did the mail come yet?" and on my days off waiting for the mail, then going to the gym, then calling from the gym . . . then going home and pacing until 5:30 or so, and then and declaring it "Happy Hour" until the next day, when the whole think would start again!

When I finally got the call, I don't know who was happier, me, because I was hired, or my wife, because I could get back to normal (whatever that means!). Of course, just after I gave notice to my old employer, 9/11 happened, and I got to beg for my old job back and then repeat the whole process . . . which was only another 6 weeks!

Hang in there! As Judge Smaills would say, "See you on board, Senator".

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back