• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Last week's AirTran interviewees...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rider850 - keep your chin up. Thanks for caring enough to let the rest of us know.

1300+ views on this thread. A lot of people a watching and wishing the best for all of you.

AKAAB
There, but for the grace of God, go I!

Last edited:
Interviewed earlier this month and received a letter. I have interviewed at four airlines and received four job offers. The fifth one at Airtran I received the letter. Out of all the interviews I have done I felt the best coming out of the Airtran one. I guess the only piece of mind is saying honestly there was nothing I would say or do different. The upside is that we can look forward to six months down the road and get that second chance.

Guys, I am really disappointed to hear that.

I got shot down by COEX and Midex, and each one of them hurt. Eventually, I got my job, and you guys will too. Maybe here, maybe someplace better.

Don;t let it get you down- this is probably the stiffest competition in history. I can;t believe they are getting so picky- it sounds like we are missing out on some great people :( I heard months ago that they were hiring less than half.

How many poeple were there in the interview group?

I also got the letter. I've had 3 interviews since my furlough last year including AirTran and I got 2 job offers, however I felt the best after leaving AirTran a couple a weeks ago. Not at all to sound cocky but I felt like I got a alot of positve feedback during the whole process, I thought that I was just waiting to hear on a classdate, it's been tough couple days.
Thank the Good Lord I at least have a job, and my heart sincerely goes out to those looking right now.
Good Luck to All

Sorry to hear about the letters guys. I'm not sure what it is they are disqualifying for these days. When I interviewed, you basically had the job unless you really shot yourself in the foot at the interview. After listening to you guys, its obvious there is alot more at work now. You would "know" if it didn't go well. I'll call my "source" and find out what the latest interview scoop is.

BTW... they may be calling and interviewing twice the number they need and just taking the top half based on... whatever it is they want. I don't know this... just a thought. I'll check around.

Be sure and re-submit in 6 months... if you're still interested in working here.

I had a friend who interviewed in December with AirTran. Unfortunetly he did not get the job. There were 13 people in his interview group and only three were offered jobs so if it is any consolation you are not alone. Good luck to everyone and keep pluggin away.

Wow guys. My sincerest condolences on the job. I may have an opportunity in the near future to be able to provide some help if you are in or around the BHM area. If you want to drop me a PM with an e-mail, when I know more I'll drop you a line. I have been on the recieving end as well, and it really does stink. Thanks for having the character to share your experience with the rest of us.

In my case. I thought the interview was OK. I did real well on the
Sim. I did the sim prep, a must. I believe, Jill's interview was standard and OK. This was the HR portion. Then I had Steve and Jim tag teaming me in one interview. Mostly about my old airline. All good stuff. If, the interview stopped here, I believe, I would have had the job.
My last interview was with Doug. He started out asking me what CRM meant to me. Standards,Safety,Working as a team, using all
the available resources, SOP's, ATC,dispatch,Flight Att and even
the pax if the situation calls.
Here is where,my interview, went bad. Tell me a time when a bad day turned into a good day. I started on a story and he did not want to hear that one. He said, more current. I said, I have not flown the line for a year and a half. My two years at the airline where very standard. So, I went to my commuter time, now I am back 4+ years. The story was scattered and not what he was looking for. Not to make excuses, I was not prepared for line stories. I have dumped all of that. He also asked me about a time when I did something wrong on line and what did I do. I scattered that story also. Then conflict in the cockpit. The story I came up with was on the spot and not well thought out. I could
not remember details and I felt I was in a pressure cooker.
This is what I believe, ruled me out. The CRM type scenario questions.
I walked out of that interview and knew that was an issue. I felt
out of 3 interviews and a sim I was at 75%. Obviously not good
enough.

Latest resources

Back